Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those that think the rankings are not important..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 959

For those that think the rankings are not important..

Oct 6, 2014, 12:34 PM

Wonder why our games are on ESPNU?

Want to see our game picked on Gameday sat morning?

Want to see the Clemson score scrolling across the bottom of your tv screen?

Want to see the amazing highlights from our games throughout the day littered across other game's halftimes and post games?

Why does any of that matter? We have been consistently ranked for 4 years. We have had a ton of publicity and exposure being ranked. Our players have been highlighted. Now look at this incoming recruiting class. Does anyone really believe it is coincidence?
It is a lot easier to stay good and get better with a number in front of Clemson.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Good point.

Oct 6, 2014, 12:35 PM

Should I return to stressing over being ranked so low?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take 10 more mins off, then yes***

Oct 6, 2014, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I was rank Saturday.

Oct 6, 2014, 12:36 PM

Then, I took a shower.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: I was rank Saturday.

Oct 6, 2014, 1:19 PM

SC's team is "rank" according to Ron Morris, LOLLOLLOLLOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post***

Oct 6, 2014, 12:37 PM

Gameday went to SC vs. Mizzou. How do you explain that...

Oct 6, 2014, 12:39 PM

except it was SEC and Spurrier is SC's coach. Wasn't even the best SEC game that week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same way I explain them going to North Dakota

Oct 6, 2014, 12:50 PM

null

North Dakota has won a natty

Oct 6, 2014, 12:54 PM

Coots.......eehhhh

I have fought this battle to no avail before

Oct 6, 2014, 12:53 PM

Of course the rankings are important!! Whether or not they are always accurate is hard to say, but there has to be a clear and definitive way to signify who is/is not among the best in the country.

SEC is going to get all the hype, been that way for years now and only the conference having a bunch of 2/3 loss teams it will continue. Clemson needs to continue this trend of beating teams they should and start winning the FSU and Lamecock game and not just be competitive. If that can happen, with the talent and coaching we have in place, we can maintain a high ranking IMO!

Is anyone suggesting we should be ranked ? I feel a #24 or #25 spot is deserved, especially with Mizzou being ranked which is laughable at this point(beat a poor Lamecock team and lost at home to Indiana, really)

don't think any of that has much to do with rankings

Oct 6, 2014, 1:03 PM

I see Harvard scores at the bottom of the screen. I see game day at Fargo. I see highlights from the ten /Florida game. I see recruits falling on love with Clemson once they step foot on campus.

I'm not completely against rankings but I am absolutely against pre season rankings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 10
| visibility 959
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic