Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who have been to a game @ BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,235

For those of you who have been to a game @ BC

Nov 7, 2018, 3:03 PM

Are their fans decent as far as treatment of visiting fans? Or should I be ready to go all Will Hunting on them?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to BC several times...

Nov 7, 2018, 3:08 PM

and in my experience their fans have always been fairly hospitable. Some of them, a very limited few, have made some snide remarks about the southern accent. Otherwise, they've been some pretty friendly folks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bostonians criticizing any accent is

Nov 7, 2018, 5:03 PM

truly ironic. Yankees. smdh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I've been to BC several times...

Nov 7, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to I've been to BC several times... ]

“Fairly hospitable” is a perfect way to describe them. You basically have to walk through Greek row to get into the stadium from where the tram drops you off and, depending on the crowd, you can get a few verbal jabs along the way, nothing too serious. After the games, I’ve got nothing but congrats and good lucks though, even in the local bars afterwards. Unlike Syracuse where I’ve been given incorrect directions, been cussed out, etc. on multiple occasions. Dress warm!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you who have been to a game @ BC

Nov 7, 2018, 3:11 PM

Not a peep. Usually friendly.

The only ACC fans who are genuinely mouthy are redneck Nancy Tate "fans". Never had any issues anywhere else.

USCjr., that's another matter when they're at home in numbers. But they always run if cornered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Now that Maryland is out of The ACC.***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:12 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Now that Maryland is out of The ACC.***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:14 PM

Correct. They were the worst, hands down. No contest. I distinctly remember punching at least four of those idjits senseless in the parking lot over the years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 7, 2018, 3:23 PM

Been a few times. Their fans are very friendly. Relatively disinterested in the game though. They seem to be pretty bored most of the time. The stadium doesnt fill up until the end of the 1st quarter. Students can get sort of loud.

Besides the one shrimpy looking teenager that decided it was his devout mission to harass the band, most BC fans were fairly friendly or passive. They either smiled and said hello or just went on their way.

BTW they sell clam chowder at the stadium concessions, and its pretty good.

The stadium is small, but very very accessible. Virtually no waiting in line, though I didnt use the bathroom so I cant comment on that.

Very good experience over all. The BC campus is absolutely beautiful, everything is styled in a gothic/medieval castle kind of architecture. Chestnut Hill is a very affluent area that is also very beautiful.

Nov 7, 2018, 4:14 PM

Agreed. Fans are friendly but disinterested. Of course that might be a bit different this year. Downtown is great. I went two years ago and the whole area was a sea of Clemson orange.

Nov 7, 2018, 3:28 PM

As my wife and I waited outside their stadium, a BC fan made a point of coming up to us and welcoming us to Their place. He said his pointed welcome was because he was treated so well on his earlier trip to Clemson. I always make a point of welcoming opposing fans to Clemson when I see them. Many Clemson fans do the same. It is noticed and remembered.

Nov 7, 2018, 5:21 PM

In my two visits they were always friendly to us, even on the T line. Funny one, was one student and his 2 buddies came up to my wife and me outside a bar by the stadium and said "What the hell man? You Clemson fans always come up in droves and take over our bars, we got no place to drink" He started laughing and patted me on the back, but said it is true normally have no issues finding a spot before a game, but y'all take over the place.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 5:50 PM

Act like a clemson gentleman and you will have NO trouble in Boston.

Do not however make any unkind remarks about the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox or Patriots!

It’s a pro sports town. Which is strange because Sixty percent of the people you see will be a student at one of the MANY colleges in the city. Visit Cambridge. MIT and Harvard are special places.

I love Boston. Go Tigers

Nov 7, 2018, 6:05 PM

The fans are pretty hospitable, until our Defense lays the wood on any of their main playmakers. (IE. Ben Boulware laying out their QB when he tried to run it on the outside.

Campus is nice.

Stadium is small and the PA system is kinda ######. This stadium will sell out with all they can to disrupt our play, noise etc. If you’re sitting with fellow Tigers don’t be afraid to do the same. During the 2016 season we made a whole hell of noise for the BC game there (and @ the Syracuse game in 2015).

This fan base is more middle of the road when it comes to openly aggressive. Syracuse, NC state, being some of the most aggressive in conference, and USCjr. the most out of conference.

No one was rude after the game to us, but we were complimented or told “maybe next year we’ll show up against you guys... good luck”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 6:16 PM

Boston College fans are great. I went last time and they were all welcoming and friendly. In the stadium they had a grill out in the open (kind of like Doak) and were making all kinds of great things to eat. Boston is one of my favorite road trips. I’m pretty bummed that I can’t make it this year. :(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic