Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seriously serious.....who the heck listens to country music
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Seriously serious.....who the heck listens to country music

Mar 16, 2015, 11:49 AM

when rolling around town or on a trip, if you listen to country music, you need your head examined. Country died in the 90's and hasnt been able to come back. Its all pure trash these days and all sounds the same.

rantover

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

leave Rascal Flatts alone!***

Mar 16, 2015, 11:54 AM

For the most part, I agree with you. Then a new group comes

Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM

along like Florida-Georgia Line and TOTALLY REDEEMS COUNTRY MUSIC.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*sigh*

Mar 16, 2015, 12:02 PM

Maybe Crump should save us all some time and pin all of my standard rants to the top.

Country did not die. There is always great country music being made. The problem is that YOU'RE not willing to go and seek it out, and like the rest of the great American sheep herd, you're waiting for iHeart/Clear Channel to pour a bucket of it into your trough so you don't have to move very far.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I no right. You gotta search out Taylor Swift and Lee Brice

Mar 16, 2015, 12:03 PM

and all the other new underground Country artists.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't, then the only other possible way to find

Mar 16, 2015, 12:07 PM

those artists is to subscribe to the RH Tig Really Good Country Music, Not Radio Pop Crap newsletter for $29.99 per week.

Re: *sigh*

Mar 16, 2015, 3:39 PM [ in reply to *sigh* ]

you are correct. and........

so will you be playing this rainbow and unicorns music at vomitfest?

I'm pretty sure VomitFest is 100% acapella.

Mar 16, 2015, 4:28 PM

And spoons. You CAN play the spoons.

And if the right jungers show up

Mar 16, 2015, 4:30 PM

flutes get played.

here's proof of teh sux:

Mar 16, 2015, 12:06 PM

from the hometown tribune this morning:

3/16/2015 4:25:00 AM
Domestic violence song "Lies & Bruises" set to release as single

Monday, March 16 will mark yet another major stride in bringing domestic violence to the forefront with the official debut of the song “Lies & Bruises”. The song was first performed by Ryan Daniel at the No More Lies & Bruises benefit held in Laurens County to help fight domestic violence. Daniel is an up and coming CMA recording artist who knew immediately that this song was very important.

Now recorded, Lies & Bruises single will make its world premiere on The Iceman Show at www.bestcountryradio.com on Monday, March 16 at 7:55 p.m. and everyone can visit and listen live. After the debut the Iceman will have a special interview with Daniel to discuss the song and his upcoming tour. In addition, Daniel will release a limited number of autographed CD singles for purchase on this website www.ryandaniel.org on March 16. Then the single will be available on iTunes come March 27.

Lies & Bruises is co-written by Dwayne Moore, Barry Best, Prevo Rodgers Jr., Josh Owens and Daniel.

GwdToday recently discussed the inspiration behind Lies & Bruises with Moore. Moore said he started writing this song based on all the lives taken in and around Greenwood, especially the loss of children to domestic violence. “I never imagined that a song would become so real and bring so many people together so fast” explained Moore. “What a blessing this has become for all of us. Everyone involved in this song is so special and they have put a tremendous amount of work into it, mainly because we all felt it was such a powerful message within it.”

Moore and Daniel originally met during a show in Illinois. On the way back to Nashville, Moore introduced this song to Daniel. "I was simply blown away by the song and for what it means to so many people touched by domestic violence across this country,” Daniel said. “I'm very honored to be part of such an important song that will touch so many people in so many ways.”

Over the last couple of years domestic violence has been a major issues facing Greenwood and surrounding counties. In October 2013, six lives were lost in one single incident including two young children that rocked the Greenwood community.

Just a few months’ earlier two men was arrested and charged in the death of 19 year old Emily-Anna Asbill of Clinton SC. Her death was ruled a homicide, death due to strangulation.

The Asbill case had such an effect on Daniel that his first album cover displays the letters E A at the top of a gravestone

http://gwdtoday.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&ArticleID=33301

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

co-written by Dwayne Moore, Barry Best, Prevo Rodgers Jr.,

Mar 16, 2015, 12:11 PM

Josh Owens and Daniel.

Y U TAKE SO MANY WRITERS FOR ONE SONG?

Because in Nashville, lawyers.

Mar 16, 2015, 4:53 PM

I've has a couple of friends over the years that tried to go there and write music. Everyone says the same thing...ridiculous cut-throat competition, horrific political backstabbing, and going there without representation and a legal team to make sure that you get your share is an exercise in futility. Anything that comes out of the major labels will many times have numerous credits on them. Sometimes it's one line of lyric, sometimes it's an original guitar lick, but it doesn't really take much to make the slices of that pie much smaller.

proof that the editor/proofreader should be fired

Mar 16, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to here's proof of teh sux: ]

Just a few months’ earlier two men was arrested and charged in the death of 19 year old Emily-Anna Asbill of Clinton SC. Her death was ruled a homicide, death due to strangulation.

Last March I was driving through Johnson City, TN and

Mar 16, 2015, 12:24 PM

I picked up one of the best stations I've heard in a while. Every song kept my attention. I rarely listen to country but if I could
pick that station up everyday, I'd listen.

They weren't playing top 40 tunes. It was a nice blend of Americana, and country but excluding a large part of what my hometown
country stations play.

I like some ZBB

Mar 16, 2015, 1:36 PM

but can leave the rest

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flipping channels this morning I saw the weakest

Mar 16, 2015, 1:43 PM

country video ever. Something about getting drunk on a plane.

Horrible..just horrible.

apparently this is it

Mar 16, 2015, 1:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4

Re: I warned you.

Mar 16, 2015, 1:46 PM

You'll want those 3 minutes of your life back if you watch it.

That is bad. Real bad.***

Mar 16, 2015, 1:46 PM [ in reply to apparently this is it ]

The girl in it isn't even hot***

Mar 16, 2015, 1:47 PM

i listen to it and enjoy it

Mar 16, 2015, 1:55 PM

I'm not trying to get life changing experiences out of my music though. Music seems to be one of those things people like to be uppity about. I think phish and stuff like it sucks, but I don't hate on people who like it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phish does not suck, you take that back***

Mar 16, 2015, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You hate on The Police.

Mar 16, 2015, 3:04 PM [ in reply to i listen to it and enjoy it ]

!

I'm working ona new country song, sure to be a hit

Mar 16, 2015, 2:14 PM

Based on my dog:

"I'm so tired of sleeping I've got to take a nap"

Whuddya thank?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

and if that don't do it, I guess I'm gonna fap.***

Mar 16, 2015, 2:15 PM

I listen to country sometimes but prefer classic country

Mar 16, 2015, 2:18 PM

from the 60's 80's and 90's.

No 70s?***

Mar 16, 2015, 4:22 PM

I liken today's country music to blind squirrels

Mar 16, 2015, 4:25 PM

Even they find a nut once in a while and every once in a while I find a new song I like on a "country" station.

my dad. smh.***

Mar 16, 2015, 8:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who DV's a freaking post about country music?

Mar 16, 2015, 9:56 PM

I am all about some 60-late 80's country. So whoever down voted my post must love some rascal flats and billy ray Cyrus.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic