Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn transfers??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Auburn transfers??

Sep 21, 2018, 10:27 AM

Just curious, but I read last night on some cfb article last night that Auburn & coach malzahn have now confirmed their 5th team departure and intended transfer of this season! I'll look again for article to link it. These arent scrub backups either, most are contributing-starter type players! Anyone have any idea what's going on in tumors corner?? Also heard players are now calling player only meetings as well

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gus says everybody will do it with the new redshirt rule so watch for roster churn

Sep 21, 2018, 10:52 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/1370961002

Re: Gus says everybody will do it with the new redshirt rule so watch for roster churn

Sep 21, 2018, 11:05 AM

Thx 4 the response. Hate that the ncaa is ,in a way, helping to make some aspects of football disappear. Certain qualities make up a good football player on the elite levels. Dedication, perseverance, selfless loyalty, and "no I in team". With these transfers I think a lot of these qualities might be gettingv put on the back-burner. The "me-mentality" and "if I'm not starting I'll go elsewhere" is comingb to fruition. I believe some of these coaches & schools might end up getting held hostage with kids threats of flight if they don't get the nod to start!

Re: Gus says everybody will do it with the new redshirt rule so watch for roster churn

Sep 21, 2018, 12:16 PM

I think we lost college football with the playoff starting. Now from week 1 it is all playoff projections and nobody remembers teams with great seasons that played in major bowls or won their conference. Saban has NFLized nearly all aspects of college football, down to roster management and cutting guys. This rule will have unintended consequences that further weakens the game and continuity of players at one school. IMHO ??

For the most part I agree with Gus

Sep 21, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Gus says everybody will do it with the new redshirt rule so watch for roster churn ]

"But it also gives veteran players more time to see what their roles will be in a given season. And if they decide they don't like those roles, they can do something about it without losing a year of their eligibility in the process."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the most part I agree with Gus

Sep 21, 2018, 11:08 AM

Good point, there are some reasons I like the new rule. Pros & cons to everything I guess! GO TIGERS!!

Not going to be good when a starter goes down and the

Sep 21, 2018, 11:15 AM

backup has transferred in the middle of the season. Seems selfish to me. You made a decision, see it out. Don't change your mind mid-stream. You had time before the season to leave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn transfers??

Sep 21, 2018, 12:03 PM

This too will probably happen at Clemson and many other institutions.

Re: Auburn transfers??

Sep 21, 2018, 12:14 PM

When the new ruling came out I thought it would benefit the coaching staff re the red shirt rule. This would allow a freshman to play in four games without losing a year of eligibility. This allows the coaching staff an opportunity to evaluate a player under game experience to determine if the player should red shirt or is good enough to contribute during his freshman year. I don't know if the committee envisioned mass transfers for upper classmen or this was an unintended by-product of the new rule. For some of the upper classmen it could be a boon to transfer but for some others it could be a complete bust. I would imagine those who transfer from P5 schools will find the lower division teams the best route for more playing time and exposure.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic