Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all these politically correct people..............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

For all these politically correct people..............

Sep 12, 2014, 10:00 AM

making sound bites about "there is NO situation when a man should ever put his hands on a woman" should watch this. Even trying to restrain a woman from hitting him by holding her arms, and he WILL be charged with domestic violence if she has red marks on her arms. So, before coaches, ex-coaches, and the media places every man in the Ray Rice category, maybe they should watch this. I am so sick of political correctness. Sure women are physically abused by sorry men, but as this video explains, it is not always the woman being physically abused. For people to say there is never as instance that requires a man to put his hands on a woman is ignoring the reality of physical abuse and puts some men in danger by completely making him defenseless against defending himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRCS6GGhIRc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't hit a woman,

Sep 12, 2014, 10:03 AM

but I'll shake the sh*t outta one...

null

Misogyny much? How much longer you on parole?***

Sep 12, 2014, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is that misogyny?

Sep 12, 2014, 10:40 AM

Seems like it's more misogynistic to pretend like women don't have enough agency to be abusers themselves. A lot of times I think we don't take anything women do seriously because we don't take women seriously as equals.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all these politically correct people..............

Sep 12, 2014, 10:06 AM

How bout nobody hit nobody...UNLESS you're ready to get busted in the mouth.

Seems everyone forgets this and muddles the argument with gender crap, he/she started it.

Simple rule: Don't hit nobody unless you ready to get hit back.

Not condoning Rice's actions at all and he's clearly a POS. But we can keep it simple. Fact of the matter is he's a disgusting human being, but one wonders if this side of dudes would never come out if they had a woman who acted like they had some sense.

New rule --- dont put it in crazy.

it would be nice, but i'm feeling a bit weird being in your

Sep 12, 2014, 10:11 AM

fantasy so i'm leaving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"New rule --- dont put it in crazy. "

Sep 12, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: For all these politically correct people.............. ]

But sometime that cray cray sh!t be off the chain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The problem I have with Policial Correctness right now is

Sep 12, 2014, 10:12 AM

not the "never put hands on a woman" issue.

For me, it's turned EVERYTHING into reactionary decisions. Punishment is based on reaction and how much a story is in the media.

Donald Sterling is a good example.

I think he's an idiot, and I do not condone what he said. However, I don't feel that he should have been forced to sell his team b/c of remarks he made in private. I was actually shocked at that. IMO, he basically insulted Magic Johnson.

Ray Rice should have been suspended for at least a year from the beginning, and probably should have been charged. I think the "intervention program" is BS in this case. He got a lesser punishment. Then the video comes out, but it doesn't change the already established facts.

Now he will probably never play again.

Video causes powerful reaction.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Society is letting the media sound bites define punishment..

Sep 12, 2014, 10:29 AM

and in some cases the interpretation of the law.
That is my problem with this Ray Rice, Donald Sterling,
riots in Missouri, etc. Ray Rice went to trial twice. The NFL office did it first (and don't tell me they had not seen this video), and then the media tried him and issued the punishment. I hate what Ray Rice did, but I hate the media deciding his fate even more. It is BS! Then the coaches etc get to do their political correct stuff. Hec, his girlfriend admitted swinging at him first. She just missed!

.....stoopid is as stoopid does***

Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can understand your point of view

Sep 12, 2014, 10:35 AM

The politically-correct thought-police are out of control in this country. We're talking about far-left progressive liberals who're completely irrational, of course.

On the bright side, people are publicly starting to talk about this as a issue and labeling it as such. It's GIANT "problem" that has to be corrected, no doubt because it is damaging American society.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some people like to keep their pimp hand strong***

Sep 12, 2014, 10:37 AM

I'm all for double standards when it comes to this stuff

Sep 12, 2014, 10:38 AM

But I do think you can't just apply the "male aggressor/ controlling male" narrative to every one of these situations.

I have an issue with the double standard

Sep 12, 2014, 1:46 PM

I believe that any physical assault should be addressed as an issue. I am firmly against domestic assault of any kind regardless of if it causes more physical damage when male to female than v/v. Most people have probably had a female blow up on them and resort to punching or other acts of rage. That characteristic of rage violence shouldn't be given a pass because of gender. I think the double standard leads to more overall domestic violence. For example, a man getting attacked and reciprocating in a induced fit of rage that would have been otherwise avoided.

I would never hit a woman, nor would I call the cops if I were slapped.

we are a nation of double standards! men/women black/white

Sep 12, 2014, 10:45 AM

rich/poor you name it and we got a different set of rules for just about everyone now.

Don't you think there should be a double standard there?

Sep 12, 2014, 10:52 AM

Men will do a lot more damage if they're physically abusive than women will do, and I think that's why women are more likely to hit people than men are. If you're actually worried about doing damage, then you won't hit as much.

My problem is that I can see a situation where a man is just defending himself against a woman and he's the one who gets charged. I also think the whole narrative of the violent, controlling man just isn't the case in a lot of instances of abuse (where I do think the man ought to be more responsible because the consequences of his actions are usually worse).

So let's just get the double standard out in the open and make it clear that while men and women have equal rights, they don't have equal bodies so they have to be treated a little differently.

Re: For all these politically correct people..............

Sep 12, 2014, 11:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4em8_iu-Tw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a little advice

Sep 12, 2014, 11:29 AM

I get what you're trying to say but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfbQDW2HvrY

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic