Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For Tiger Basketball it's very simple...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,508

For Tiger Basketball it's very simple...

Mar 13, 2015, 11:30 PM

If you want to be successful long term.. You cut your losses.. You have an opportunity with the new arena to make a statement and a new start... You cut your losses with Brownell... To be successful in this league you have to score.. You have to have scorers... You are investing a lot with this new arena.. In the basketball program in general.. You cut your losses with Brownell... You go and pay Greg Marshall whatever he commands and you move forward.. Does that guarantee success?? NO.. Does that guarantee ACC Championships..?? No... He has success... He can move this program forward... You don't have to win championships in basketball to be successful at Clemson.. You need to be very respectful in conference and make the tourney... Win a game or two in the ACC tourney.. Win a game or two in the big tourney.. and you are king... Greg Marshall can do that.. Brownell is not committed to scoring.. He can't recruit those said scorers.. He's proven that.. Crap or get off the pot.. The time is now before Marshall gets snapped up... Which he will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Tiger Basketball it's very simple...

Mar 13, 2015, 11:42 PM

Agree !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you got something...

Mar 13, 2015, 11:54 PM

Email DRad. Marshall is probably one of few big coaches who wouldn't mind playing in Greenville for season since he is from Greenwood, SC...

We're not making a change, BUT if we did

Mar 14, 2015, 12:03 AM

I'd hire Eric Musselman in a millisecond. He's young (50), had success in the NBA as a head coach, and is currently on LSU's staff as an assistant. He's known for molding his offense to the strengths of his players.

Would love to have Marshall, but would be hard to get him

Mar 14, 2015, 12:12 AM

out of Wichita. He is the top dog out there, doesn't have to compete with football. AND, he doesn't have to compete against UNC, Duke, Louisville, etc, until he meets them in the Big Dance. It would be quite a coup to get him, he may be the best coach in the country, but why would he come here, unless he just loves a challenge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to have Marshall, but would be hard to get him

Mar 14, 2015, 9:44 AM

If Brownell is let go in a year or 2.We need an excellent recruiter and offensive minded coach. I think Purnell was on to something with the press. He gave us an identity. At Clemson we new need to have something similar to Georgia Tech in football the option takes pressure off of some of their limitations. Would love to see something similar to Loyola Marymount. Run and Gun type offense. It can be done here if the school finally commits to basketball.

Re: Would love to have Marshall, but would be hard to get him

Mar 14, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Would love to have Marshall, but would be hard to get him ]

he is a dirty c$$t!! don`t want him!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm pulling for BB... but I think you are more right than

Mar 14, 2015, 9:49 AM

people want to admit...

You have to score in this league. I know, I know... UVA. But people tend to forget the coaching lineage of Bennett. It should come as no surprise they are as good as they are.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Recruiting would be much harder for him at Clemson.

Mar 14, 2015, 9:51 AM

The partial qualifiers, JUCO players, and borderline academic scores that a school like Wichita State admits would not have a chance getting into a school like Clemson. I prefer to keep it that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

he won at Winthrop

Mar 14, 2015, 10:02 AM

impressively too

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm not discounting that he is a very good coach.

Mar 14, 2015, 1:15 PM

But he has a lot more leeway at a school like Wichita State than he would at Clemson. I think he would do well at Clemson, but he hasn't shown me that he would be a sure thing at Clemson. He has never coached in a conference like the ACC or at a school like Clemson. Again, I think he would do well, but for people to act like he would be guaranteed to succeed here are getting a little too caught up in the hype.

Plus, he's a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,508
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic