Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deerest Jounge,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 859

Deerest Jounge,

Jun 11, 2018, 3:48 PM

Best places to eat in GVegas. Go!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I already know about BeeBee's. Tell me that joint it still

Jun 11, 2018, 3:48 PM

open!

I have not been there, but I think it is open.***

Jun 11, 2018, 3:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

groce***

Jun 11, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to I already know about BeeBee's. Tell me that joint it still ]

Re: groce***

Jun 11, 2018, 3:51 PM

WE CAN'T BE FRANS

oh good

Jun 11, 2018, 4:01 PM

thought you might wanna hangout and I'd have to come up with some excuse that neither of believed. NOW I DON'T HAVE TO

Making up excuses is for the weak.

Jun 11, 2018, 9:41 PM

Real men just don't show up....like for concert pre-partying and stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#toomuchreallife***

Jun 12, 2018, 8:10 AM

Re: Deerest Jounge,

Jun 11, 2018, 3:50 PM

Downtown?

What you looking fer? Nice dinner? good place to get dranks? $$$, $$$$, or $$$$$$$$?

basically anything...we are moving back soon so I want to

Jun 11, 2018, 3:52 PM

know all the can't miss places from $ all the way up to $$$$

Re: basically anything...we are moving back soon so I want to

Jun 11, 2018, 4:23 PM

ok, here's we go

pediatrician, best in the ultraverse, um wait, you weren't asking about that ;)

I habitat near five forks, so some recommendations may be more on that side

BBQ- Bucky's on Roper Mtn for eating in, Smoky Dreams on Woodruff and HWY 14 for take out, downtown Smoke on the Water has more "upscale" bbq, but still good.

You just got paid - Hall's chophouse for very very very special occasions. Sassafras is one of our favs (blue crab nachos rock), not crazy expensive. Soby's is a mainstay downtown but last few times I've been there was meh. Over off Haywood is Saskatoon, wild game in a Northwoods lodge setting, the elk is one of the best meals I've had. and you need a ladder to eat the chocolate mouse pie.

places to get pre dinner drinks- up on the roof is on top of Embassy Suites downtown. never eaten there, and beer is expensive, but the view is cool. There is another rooftop bar called Sip, fun place

Casual- (these are downtown). Carolina Ale House is good place to get burger or wings and a beer, esp on a nice afternoon on their open rooftop bar. Wild wings cafe good place to watch a game, multiple big screens all over. Barleys has the best pizza and tap selection is really good. Place in Greer called Flying Aces has good pizza as well, pretty hot spot (downtown Greer is the next place that will bust open IMHO, I think will be buzzing soon). Macs Speed Shop good place to get a meal before a Drive game

other random entrees - Yard House on Woodruff is good. Chuys is decent tex mex, but best mexican in town is probably Papa's and Beer either Haywood road or Simpsonville, if you are there with someone definitely split a plate, unless you are very very hungry.

Those are just off the top of my head, if you have questions about any place else let me know. Jeez, Greenville could be accused of having too many places to choose, some foodie mags have said it may have passed Charleston as the place to go in SC

Just saw Pita House below, tis good, yes it is***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:25 PM

I, being a wealthy industrialist, just shat my pantaloons

Jun 11, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: basically anything...we are moving back soon so I want to ]

after looking at the Hall's Chophouse menu.

i bought a Bulleit Rye, lite rocks, there once.

Jun 11, 2018, 4:30 PM

ONCE.

been buying whole bottles ever since

Like I said, very very very very very

Jun 11, 2018, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I, being a wealthy industrialist, just shat my pantaloons ]

special occasions.

Like when someone else paying. Back when pharm companies could even give out pens (nomore), went there for a lecture.

Man, if that is the as the Bucky's on Pleasantburg, then

Jun 11, 2018, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: basically anything...we are moving back soon so I want to ]

I am worried about you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, if that is the as the Bucky's on Pleasantburg, then

Jun 11, 2018, 4:47 PM

nope, roper mtn rd

Same company so yeah. I'm sorry somebody has

Jun 11, 2018, 4:50 PM

hurt you so badly.

http://buckysbbq.com/locations/roper-mountain-rd/

you are dead to me

Jun 11, 2018, 4:52 PM

Buckys rocks.

Ok, well they used to. Have to admit, the butt got a little fatty for awhile, but last time I went had returned to previous glory.

Just have 3 words for you

Sweet Potato Crunch

#mikedrop

Pretty sure Henry's has that.

Jun 11, 2018, 4:54 PM

But you go on with your cheapest canned sides you can find.

if you're talking about a fat butt then yes***

Jun 11, 2018, 10:35 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to pile on, good sir, but that sweet potato

Jun 11, 2018, 7:37 PM [ in reply to you are dead to me ]

crunch comes direct from Aramark in a frozen tin pan. I kid you not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, it's Sysco, not Aramark.

Jun 11, 2018, 9:59 PM

It's still good, it's just not homemade.

no no noooooooooo!***

Jun 12, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to I don't want to pile on, good sir, but that sweet potato ]

Okay here goes the poor joints...

Jun 11, 2018, 8:25 PM [ in reply to basically anything...we are moving back soon so I want to ]

For best taqueria go "Las Meras Tortas" in Berea. (Little Mexico)

For more upscale Mexican go "Rosalinda's" off of Pleasantburg drive near the Pleasantburg/E North St intersection.

Best pizza is a toss up... "Grimaldi's" is the best new joint off of Woodruff Rd. "Tito's" which has always been the best pizza in Gville has new owners. It's still really good, but for some dumb behind reason they changed the sauce just a little. (I NOTICED THE CHANGE AND WHILE YOU'RE STILL GOOD YOU'RE NOT AS GOOD AS YOU ONCE WERE TITO'S)

Best Thai food is "Lemon Grass". (Maybe my only downtown joint. (I'm trying to keep the costs down. Not for you, for me)

Best bbq... cook it at home or drive out of town. But, if you must, "Mike and Jeff's" ain't half bad. Plus it's in a great neighborhood. (IF Poe Mill is still considered a great neighborhood. I'm predicting this as the next hipster neighborhood in about 5 years.)

Now if you want to know what the best restaurant in Gvegas really is i will tell you. It's cheap and delicious. "Pereira Bakery" on
W Lee Rd. is the absolute best Restaurant/Colombian Bakery in the whole world. Ask for extra sauce. Everything is incredible. But go during working hours because that's who they cater to.

Oh yeah and "Patrick's" on Poinsett is still terrible, but in a good way. Any plate half and half will send you to bed for the night.

All of these suggestions are null and void if you are coming from Houston the restaurant capitol of the world.

PS: I'm drunk.

Love, 7spots

Tito's?

Jun 11, 2018, 8:58 PM

You talkin bout pizza city?

I would rather deal with Pizza City than Tito's.***

Jun 11, 2018, 9:40 PM

Tito used to own Pizza City. My buddy's brother bought

Jun 11, 2018, 9:44 PM

the Pizza City name and recipes from him, along with a non-compete agreement. Somehow within a year or two, "Tito's" opened up right down the street, with the same old Pizza City recipes.

With that said, I always preferred their Pizza Sub to their actual pizza.

Very interesting indeed.

Jun 11, 2018, 9:48 PM

If Frodo's was on the way home, I probably wouldn't get any other pizza unless somebody wanted to go downtown for Barley's.

I agree with that sentiment completely. Frodo's used

Jun 11, 2018, 9:51 PM

to be our post-football game Friday night place in high school. I got some sentimental attachment to it, and I'm really glad they're still there. Actually it still looks exactly the same as it did in 1988, which probably isn't hard to imagine.

Flying Biscuit Atlanta***

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One is being built next door as I type this.***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biscuit Head DT is reall good***

Jun 11, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Flying Biscuit Atlanta*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flying Biscuit Atlanta***

Jun 12, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Flying Biscuit Atlanta*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

What are you looking for? Smoke on the Water and

Lemongrass are my favorite places to eat downtown. Barley's also holds high regard.

BBQ Mike and Jeff's if they are open when you want them to be. Henry's would be next in the bbq line.

SotW has a dandy happy hour

Jun 11, 2018, 3:57 PM

haven't been to lemongrass in a few years

Any old school greenvillers remember the bbq place on

Jun 11, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to What are you looking for? Smoke on the Water and ]

Augusta Rd, made a cheerwine bbq sauce. It was more or less across from the blockhouse if memory serves, but it has been YEARS ago. I think it was maybe called Smokin' Stokes? That place was good. I was sad, and very surprised, to see them go out of business.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

yep

Jun 11, 2018, 4:26 PM

they used to smash 2 reg sized taters together and fill with bbq, and cheese, and sour cream, and other stuff

after lunch coma ensued

Trappe Door. Incredible selection of Belgian beer.

Jun 11, 2018, 3:58 PM

Nothing else even comes close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not even Applebees?***

Jun 11, 2018, 3:59 PM

Michelob Ultra is not Belgian beer!***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep if you want Belgians and awesome food with..........

Jun 11, 2018, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Trappe Door. Incredible selection of Belgian beer. ]

a great atmosphere this is the place.

I hope they have upgraded the AC though!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duh....

Jun 11, 2018, 4:00 PM

Lee's Inlet Kitchen

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I would suggest trying to stay with restaurants.

Jun 11, 2018, 4:02 PM

I think you'll find the dining experience in home improvement stores or retail clothing outlets just cannot compete with restaurants.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lowes Home Improvement always has that good hotdog stand.

Jun 11, 2018, 5:27 PM

Bengaline knows

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pita house, frodo's, country ham house, la hot wings***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

All of these and Zorba's too.***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:15 PM

Zorbas is a must for a steak and cheese sandwich

Jun 11, 2018, 7:20 PM

old school - looks and smells like the -80's in there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sweet....did you end up taking the rec on Zorba's

Jun 11, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to All of these and Zorba's too.*** ]

and the steak sandwich, I take it?

aerozeptallica

I need to make it back. I had been one time

Jun 11, 2018, 9:18 PM

before we talked about it. I had the fried chicken club or some such.

i do love me some hot wings***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Pita house, frodo's, country ham house, la hot wings*** ]

Ji-roz is goot***

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

The Anchorage is goot***

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

^he'srightyouknow.com/***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Ji-roz is goot*** ]

Restaurants I frequent in Greenville minimum 1X per year

Jun 11, 2018, 4:18 PM

Chick-Fil-A
Jimmy John's
Brixx Wood Fired Pizza

HTH

o_O

Man Brixx isn't bad if you go at 11 pm and get that

Jun 11, 2018, 4:21 PM

2 fer deal.

it's also not bad if you get the Bronx Bomber***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:31 PM

Re: it's also not bad if you get the Bronx Bomber***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:59 PM

I used to get that half and half with the cuban, but alas, no more cuban pizza offered there.

that late night deal is pretty good

Been going to Brixx since there was just one location

Jun 11, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to it's also not bad if you get the Bronx Bomber*** ]

on East Blvd in Charlotte.

I've never, ever had anything there other than the Bronx Bomber. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Halls

Jun 11, 2018, 4:19 PM

Halls
And Halls...

Celtic frequents a place that features Mexican Playboy.

Jun 11, 2018, 5:11 PM

You may want to check that one out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And good food/people. Just not in GreenVegas. ******

Jun 11, 2018, 5:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sobys, Nantucket, halls chophouse***

Jun 11, 2018, 5:23 PM

Low $ but local places that have been around forever for a

Jun 11, 2018, 7:27 PM

reason.

- Main Street Soda Shop - burgers and shakes on N Main St.

- Zorba's mentioned above- Steak sandwich and 1/2 order of fries 'cause you cannot eat a full order.

- Cataran Lodge - yes it is cafeteria style, but awesome comfort food - great fried chicken - take cash. and try the 'nana pudding even if you are stuffed.

- Pita House - authentic Middle Eastern - take cash also.

- Frodos - pizza thick style if you like that. I personally am a thin crust NY style guy so I like Bertolos.

If you want to spend $$ try Saskatoon's - they recently moved and I have not been there since, but they have a very diverse meat menu.

My go to for top $$$ is Soby's - always a great meal - if I want a steak house, Rick Erwin's is still my fav over Halls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How you gonna rec Cataran Lodge and leave off

Jun 11, 2018, 7:38 PM

Tommy's Ham House?

It had already been mentioned but yes that needs to be

Jun 11, 2018, 7:41 PM

on the list!

10-4, I missed it. Mea culpa.***

Jun 11, 2018, 8:09 PM

Oh yeah, Stax, both of them.***

Jun 11, 2018, 9:20 PM

Used to be four back in the day.

Jun 11, 2018, 9:36 PM

Just saw last week that the Stathakis son who I went to high school with OD'd. He had been given a license to print money when they gave him Stax Peppermill, and he ran it into the ground. Too bad how often drug problems go along with restaurant ownership.

Sorry, he had Stax Grill, not the Peppermill.***

Jun 11, 2018, 9:39 PM

you talking about Charlie?***

Jun 12, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Used to be four back in the day. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Charlie’s nephew. George’s son.

Jun 12, 2018, 2:38 PM

George bought charlie out, handed Grille to son. Son of George is one who passed away last week.

I went to high school with Nick who owns the original Stax

Jun 12, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Used to be four back in the day. ]

Did you go to TR?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Chophouse ‘47 has one of the best steaks I’ve ever had.

Jun 11, 2018, 10:33 PM

And I’ve had a lot of good steaks. Chophouse ‘47 is probably top three. Up there with Bohannon’s in San Antonio, if’n you’re familiar with that place.

Yeah, I'll have to second this opinion. There are a lot of

Jun 12, 2018, 9:37 AM

places in Gville where you can get a great steak nowadays. And they've all been mentioned. But I gotta say... Chophouse has bubbled to the top for me. Consistently very good and worth every penny. It has become my go-to place....

Hits CTRL + F "Sully's" No results

Jun 12, 2018, 9:18 AM

Luv you boos. Sully's Steamers can eat a Bengaline.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Most of this crowd is fast asleep by during peak

Jun 12, 2018, 9:25 AM

Sully's time.

oldie but goodie... every once in a while we'll hit the

Jun 12, 2018, 10:07 AM

Open Hearth on Wade Hampton. It's been there forever... that's where I took my date on prom night in 1974. Maybe I'm biased due to the nostalgia factor, but I love that place.

Open Hearth, Ye Olde Fireplace, The Peddler,

Jun 12, 2018, 2:43 PM

Charlie’s steakhouse.....that was old Greenville fine dining.

Honorable mention to Seven Oaks and the cork and cleaver

I thought Jianna was pretty good***

Jun 12, 2018, 2:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Jianna was pretty good***

Jun 13, 2018, 12:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsklsxReSe0

Replies: 80
| visibility 859
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic