Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida State...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Florida State...

Jun 8, 2012, 12:57 PM

Just some random thoughts about our strongest opponent(IMO)

I think we will struggle big time with Florida State this year. Especially with the game being played down there. Their defensive front 7 has the potential to be the best in the country. And I'm talking historically good. They go 2 and 3 deep at most positions without really missing a beat. The defensive line recruits the past 3 years have been unreal. To go out and get arguably the top 4 dline recruits in the country only added to what is already a really good unit. I think Eddie Goldman will be the next big thing in college football. If you don't know what I'm talking about just go watch his highlights. In my opinion this is the worst matchup for Clemson all year. Their strength against our weakness.

Our offensive line is NOT going to be good at the point in the season when we face them. We are just too young and not athletic enough to keep them off of Boyd. I don't see us being able to run the ball much either. If we have any injuries up front we are screwed.

Their offense is the wild card in this whole equation. I dont think they will be much improved from last season, but they will definetly be better. If they can find a running back it could spell trouble for the rest of the ACC. The Wilder kid could be a good one(In the mold of Greg Jones, and we all remember how he drug our defense all over the field last time we saw him). I still think he is a linebacker, but he is intent on playing RB. They also have a big WR that is said to be the next "Randy Moss". I find that hard to believe but you never know. I'm not too worried about Emmanuel but he brings the threat of a running QB and Clemson never plays well against that. Hopefully Venebles will turn that trend around in our favor.

All in all, I think we will lose this game, but it is definetly winnable. We will have to get a big game from someone other than Watkins this time. They will not let him beat them again. We have the skill players to score some points, but it all comes down to the play up front. If we can give Boyd any kind of time and he doesn't stand back there holding the ball looking around for Watkins we could pull one out. If FSU puts up any more than 30 points Clemson will be staring at a loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida State...

Jun 8, 2012, 1:01 PM

hard to argue with that assesment. our centers/gaurds coach and our tackles/te's coach will earn their paychecks this year,without a doubt. we have talent, it's just how quick they can gel into a cohesive unit.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you hear...

Jun 8, 2012, 1:07 PM

Clemson and FSU are going to meet at the 50 yard line, call it a tie and sing kumbayah together, drop the mics and the flip of the cameras as they walk off singing the Texas fight song.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

lmao....that really made me laugh.

Jun 8, 2012, 1:13 PM

Good one

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to paint "ACC-Ya" on the football field***

Jun 8, 2012, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Didn't you hear... ]

Maybe they can borrow Bevo for the game and let him run

Jun 8, 2012, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Didn't you hear... ]

around with Chief Osceola.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It will be a great BigXII matchup...***

Jun 8, 2012, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2012, 2:07 PM

their coaching will keep it close and give us a chance in the end.

we'll have to be at least +2 in TOs to win, IMO.

Jun 8, 2012, 2:10 PM

The other key is getting to EJ Manuel. He's just not good unless he has tons of time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Agreed. Harass Manuel AND contain him,

Jun 8, 2012, 2:27 PM

and our chances shoot way up. I'm much more confident about containing his run game now that Steele's gone.

Jun 8, 2012, 2:45 PM

We have high hopes this season, but then again, I had high hopes last year. It seems like we have the pieces we just cant fit them together. The loss to Oklahoma hurt last season, but then we come up to Clemson and pretty much lay an egg (in my opinion. Others will tell you different and that we played well despite the circumstances).

Our defense will be pretty good as usual. Looking forward to a great game in Doak!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic