Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fish Eyes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,485

Fish Eyes

Mar 18, 2019, 9:46 PM

Spud and AsheTiger,. two super fishermen, are showing off their most recent catch in another post and that got me to pondering. Way back in 1986, my wife and I joined a group going to China. One of the couples took their two grandsons, one a student at NC State and the other a student at the Univ. of Vermont. The young men were a lot of fun and most of the time they sat at the same table with my wife and I plus others for a table of ten, At every evening meal and sometimes at lunch. a whole baked fish was on the menu, including the head and two beady eyes. Our dinner on our last night in China included the ever-present baked fish. The two boys said they had watched those eyes during many meals and when they got home they wanted to tell their friends there were fish eyes on the menu. With that, each one took an eye and ate it. Everyone at our table burst out in laughter and there was not one "yuk".

(After checking my records, this trip was in 1986, not in the early 1990's as posted earlier)

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could do it...but, I would have to be some kind of hungry.***

Mar 18, 2019, 10:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fish Eyes

Mar 18, 2019, 10:40 PM

Feed that man a fish head!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fish heads, fish heads

Mar 19, 2019, 8:23 AM

Roly poly fish heads
Fish head fish heads
eat them up Yum

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fresh Red Snapper eyes are delicious

Mar 19, 2019, 8:33 AM

Taste I would say is pretty close to squid ink

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,485
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic