Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone care about conference tourney's anymore? They
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Does anyone care about conference tourney's anymore? They

Mar 11, 2019, 8:57 AM

seem so outdated and old fashion to me. Just can't get excited about the same teams playing one another after a season long of conference games. Unless your Duke and UNC fans salivating over the chance to play a third time. I couldn't care less about watching CU play another game against Syracuse, Pitt, BC etc. I think conference expansion helped put another nail in the coffin for these tourneys but that's just me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First - this appears to be a basketball post on the football

Mar 11, 2019, 9:03 AM

board.

Second - Clemson doesn't play any of those teams, they play NCSU

Third - I'm pretty excited to see Clemson play NCSU and hopefully get revenge for the last game

Fourth - Yes, conference tournaments are really fun to watch, especially for teams that are playing to get into the tournament like we may be

Fifth - Anytime Clemson is playing, I'm watching and I'm caring

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sixth

Mar 11, 2019, 9:04 AM

Do you have to start using the other hand to get to six?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Since we're on the football board, I'll get you an

Mar 11, 2019, 9:18 AM

answer in November, until then stand by your computer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: First - this appears to be a basketball post on the football

Mar 11, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to First - this appears to be a basketball post on the football ]

Thank you for the points of observation !

#1 I see plenty of other basketball posts on this "football" board. Baseball too.

#2 I know who CU is playing. Been there done that just a few weeks ago. Could we just move on was more my point.

Tigernet 101 (Football Board)

Mar 11, 2019, 9:29 AM

When you post you choose which sport / topic the post is associated with. You chose "Football" which is what the previous poster was referring to.

YW

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First - this appears to be a basketball post on the football

Mar 11, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: First - this appears to be a basketball post on the football ]

#1 I'm sure you have heard that 2 wrongs (or 50) don't make a right.

#2 No, we can't move on until we avenge our let down early in the season. And if we somehow manage to lose to NC State in heartbreaking fashion again then there may be a few devoted fans who clamor to play them in Dayton to settle it once and for all.

You can bet that our team is not ready to move on until they get another shot at State.

I hope we play like it!

Re: Does anyone care about conference tourney's anymore? They

Mar 11, 2019, 9:15 AM

The conference was formed in 1953 and in all that time we have NEVER won the tourney.
So, to me it would be a big deal if we could win it.
I certainly don't expect us to win it this year. But it's not impossible, just extremely unlikely.

I get it. Just seemed more special back in the old days

Mar 11, 2019, 9:29 AM

when there were fewer schools. I think the former Big East schools would say the same thing about their old tourney.

ACC tourney is pretty special

Mar 11, 2019, 10:11 AM

Have you ever been?

Mar 11, 2019, 10:32 AM

I’d hate to see the ACC Tourney go by the wayside. So much tradition and fans love it. It’s an intense and exciting week of great basketball. None other like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 10:35 AM

Well we need a win in it this year to make the tournament it so yes it matters

Mar 11, 2019, 12:03 PM

Right on. A win Wednesday will show you just how important the tourney is to the team.

Win this game and the Cavaliers will be the next BIG GAME! Can’t wait for that one.

Growing up in NC

Mar 11, 2019, 12:13 PM

The ACC tournament was always a big deal to me and basically everyone else. Those first 2 days of the tournament in elementary and middle school they’d wheel a TV into the classroom and we’d just watch the first game.

Maybe not a shining light for the American education system but it’s always been a good memory.

Re: Growing up in NC

Mar 11, 2019, 12:15 PM

Oh yes, so many childhood memories of watching it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 12:19 PM

Every mid Major tourney is most def a big deal not only a championship but a trip to the Dance rides on winning them. The ACCT is still a big deal , every ACC team goal for the year is to win it.

Mar 11, 2019, 2:26 PM

I always thought that tournament play was what ibasketball was all about. If you think that the right thing to do is to declare Virginia the winner and move on to the big dance is the way to go then one of us is missing something. As unlikely as many may think, the Clemson Tigers could win the tournament. Everyone has a chance and that is the beauty of it all.

Go Tigers. Beat State.

My oldest son who is a State Alum called today to tell me that he was trying to find us tickets for the game from some friends in Raleigh. I told him that I had planned to buy mine at the Coliseum when I get there. NO way I’m going to watch this game with a bunch of Wolfies. They are beyond impossible when they win and when they lose, which is often, they become unbearable to be around. This is a BIG game for Mr Foresttiger. I ain’t skeered of no mangy dog! And neither are the Fighting Tigers

If we ever had a chance they'd seem a lot more exciting

Mar 11, 2019, 2:32 PM

I imagine.

We better care about all of them this year, and hope the

Mar 11, 2019, 4:28 PM

regular season champs win the tourney as well. Tourney upsets equal at-large bids that may go to regular season champs that got knocked out. This will mean less available for Lawrence Welk Champagne Bubble teams like us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic