Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Few good things come from yesterday's win over BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Few good things come from yesterday's win over BC

Nov 11, 2018, 10:58 AM

I like how this team is improving. There have been very few real "challenges" and teaching moments over the last four or five games. So yesterday's game should provide some good teaching moments and opportunities for improvement for Coaches Caldwell, Elliot and Scott.

Now Clemson should be able to continue as is and win the next three games: Duke, uscjr and ACCCG. But CFP defenses should be much stouter and one of them will have a month to prepare for Clemson.

Continuous Improvement Opportunities:
1. The offense seemed to be slower in making adjustments in first half to all of BC's pressure. I also think that several plays were known well in advance by BC defense. One play that appeared to be too easily recognized was that screen play, perhaps called Tunnel screen.
- Tony and Jeff, hope they continue to self-evaluate and prep new wrinkles for CFP.

2. Offensive line and RBs have a good bit of tape to review regarding team sending pressure over and over again, and changing how they did it.

3. For Trevor, same thing as #3. If Clemson plays Bama, we know the pressure they bring and usually can do it with fewer players. Oline will need to only get toughter. Last regular season game, uscjr will play with nothing to lose and with intent to harm. I bet they will blitz over and over again, as long as it "works".

4. Special Teams - I think they are all fine except for punting. Hope Spiers can find more consistency and get a little stronger in December.

Go Tigers. Dreaming of 15-0. Need 11-0 first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic