Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Favorite part of the telecast yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,254

Favorite part of the telecast yesterday

Apr 9, 2017, 10:10 AM

was when they showed the kids sliding down the hill on the cardboard. Back in the early '60s parents would watch the game and every so often glance over at the hill to see if their kids were still playing and sliding down the hill. The only thing I don't like about the bleachers and students on the hill is that the kids have no place to play now. The 1960 coot game was probably the first time the hill was full of people watching the game and no room for the kids to play. Oh well, time passes and things change. Back then we never knew Al Gore was going to invent the "Interweb" and I'd be able to watch the spring game from Colorado.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Favorite part of the telecast yesterday

Apr 9, 2017, 10:46 AM

yeah I enjoyed that too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 11:48 AM

Times have certainly changed. Demand for seats continue to rise. I guess that's a great problem to have but I sure hate to see fans who have attended games for years be forced out because of big bucks. Football has become a BIG business at Tigertown. That became very obvious to me as I sat in yesterday's IPTAY meeting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 12:23 PM

Cardboard box sled. One of my best memories growing up a Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 12:32 PM

In the 70's and into the 80's (I think) there was a little grassy hill next to section T and as a child my brothers and I slid down that the whole game while my grandmother watched us. Great memories!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic