Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facebook is going to lead to the “zombie apocalypse”.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 469

Facebook is going to lead to the “zombie apocalypse”.

Mar 21, 2020, 8:45 PM

My wife had a friend reach out to inform us that the government was lying about the extent of this pandemic. That they were already digging mass graves and that people needed to prepare to be in their homes through next winter. Of course they heard it from a friend that was married to a guy who had a brother that worked in the government. I have a close friend, who I have always considered sensible, call to tell me that his wife’s friend from work who is dating a guy whose brother is in the National Guard told them that he was being called in to help enforce a mandatory quarantine for at least 2 weeks. No one can come or go. Of course, his wife’s friend told her on Facebook. At the grocery store the cashier told me, without my prompting, that she had heard from a customer that they wouldn’t be allowed to be open after Sunday because of the mandatory quarantine. As an older and seemingly more sensible lady, she didn’t seem that concerned. I appreciated her reasonableness. My point is, after all of the lies that have been spread on Facebook, why does anyone still believe everything that they read? And why don’t people listen for the “ring of truth” anymore? Basically the “if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn’t” principle. Or if you apply just a little bit of logical thinking to what you are hearing, does it hold up? You know, does it have the “ring of truth”? If not, be skeptical. It doesn’t mean that you have to completely let your guard down. But for goodness sakes, don’t rush to the store and drop your life savings on toilet paper, cream of mushroom soup, and Gatorade.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you just get on fb?***

Mar 21, 2020, 8:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never been on Facebook.

Mar 21, 2020, 8:48 PM

But I got real friends calling to warn me. Probably because they know I’m not on Facebook.

Why would I need Facebook? I got Tigernet.

better beer. lol***

Mar 21, 2020, 8:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already get the best beer mankind ever tasted in 24 packs at the grocery store.

Mar 21, 2020, 8:52 PM

Now if you told me Facebook had $5 off coupons for Lite, if sign up today!

Sounds just like msnbc***

Mar 21, 2020, 8:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuh uh! It sounds like Fox News!

Mar 22, 2020, 11:10 AM

You know why? Because I don't like Fox News.

I can't cite any specific examples, but that's what it sounds like even though I don't have any logical basis for making that statement.

Replies: 6
| visibility 469
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic