Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FGF

Jun 17, 2019, 9:13 AM

I get on there every so often just to get a good laugh. Was on earlier and they were saying how scared we were that they were closing the gap with this recruiting class. If they hadnt banned me a while back (for comparing them to WF and BC on our schedule), I was going to point out that they may have a good class to their standards but their daddy was about to pull in arguably the greatest class in ranking history. Also, would point out that Muschamp usually gets decent guys recruiting, he just cant translate it to the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FGF

Jun 17, 2019, 9:16 AM

Yeah but they never update their expectancy after the inevitable De-cootment period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Example: Florida***

Jun 17, 2019, 9:17 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 17, 2019, 10:21 AM

I miss the old daily insights of the "King of FGF"---Manafold. His insights as to the true nature of their pathetic/mediocre football program were, like their program: Just a tad bit off. Nevertheless, after a stressful day at work, reading his viewpoints would make any Tiger feel better about Tiger football. Manafold--we need you! Please cycle back in!

Jun 17, 2019, 10:31 AM

One word: retention.

Chicken's class always ranks high because they always bring in 25+. They can because their retention is so poor. A third to a half of the class will drop out over time. They never develop. That's the joke about the Chicken's always having a "young team." it's because less than half the class sticks around to become seniors.

Jun 17, 2019, 10:42 AM

Well... technically, they ARE "closing the gap". We're #1, and instead of being in the 60's, they could finish ranked in the 40's at the end of next season. That's closing...

I will say this: was at U of SC for their 7-on-7 tourney. They have spent an enormous amount of money to create facilities that they have never had. What we built in Clemson has become the Blueprint of Excellency all across the country. Our little brother has realized that in order to compete with us EVER they were going to have to dramatically improve their facilities, and they have done that.

I know, I know... most people on here loathe everything about them, but they are at least trying to compete. They are getting better players, and why not? If I am a 4 star guy, I don't have to compete at U of SC, I will start immediately! If I am a 5-Star guy, I get the keys to 5-Poinys and all the Tailgate girls I can stand!

They aren't Clemson. But they ARE trying to improve their situation. The problem is when your program spends millions, signs the best class they have had in years, and STILL gets their brains beat in, this has the potential to be an epic crash.

Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Jun 17, 2019, 11:20 AM

I kinda agree with the facilities to a point.

Bad facilities can hurt a mid-to upper level program. It will not hurt an elite program or remake a bad program. Winning can solve a lot of issues with facilities (FSU) as long as you are winning.

The coots miss the point. The facilities are not an end, but rather a means to an end. The "end" is winning and good facilities will make a healthy program stronger. Adding great facilities to a cancerous program will do little other than make them look more like a poser. Coots go to coots for the facilities now, not to win (if they wanted to win more, they could choose Kentucky).

it is helping them that we arenot taking as much instate

Jun 17, 2019, 10:58 AM

atheletes

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 11:10 AM

South Carolina Scholarship Letter

They are the most ignorant, mouthy, and deluded fan base...

Jun 17, 2019, 12:40 PM

in existence. Let them think whatever they want if it helps them sleep at night.

At the end of the day, we'll just keep stomping their a$$es and they'll continue to be Clemson's little 8!tch.

The only thing CussChamp is building at u of 5c is a good case of hemorrhoids.

They'll come crashing back down to reality in October or November as usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The only thing Muschamp will be remembered for in football

Jun 17, 2019, 2:35 PM

history is destroying the once-proud powerhouse that was Florida.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic