Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF- A hole?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

FGF- A hole?

Oct 24, 2018, 8:31 AM

A Hole? Hmm, well when we made visits to Universites in SC we visited Clemson,uSuc and Winthrop. The only place that could be classifed as a hole was in Columbia and was ranked 3rd after visits. uSUC had no feeling of being a community in that buildings were spread across Columbia and the Roach was not even on Campus. Clemson just felt right from the moment we arrived and was more so as we stayed an extra 4 days to check out the surrounding area. Clemson obviously was the 1st choice and luckily he was accepted and graduated with honors.

What we liked was the centralized campus, not a huge University(at the time), small town atmosphere and friendly folks. The surrounding area with it's lakes and mountains certainly helped too. What makes Clemson special is not solely football but the sum of all things put together. It is something those at uSUC fail to grasp as they go about their day.

Do not get me wrong, having Clemson play for the NC and do well is certainly fun but even if they stumble Clemson will still be Clemson . As my son has said, Clemson is just a ### special place. One that produced memories for a lifetime.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FGF- A hole?

Oct 24, 2018, 8:36 AM

You sound like me 50 years ago, and I was trying to decide which school to attend. I visited Columbia, and the school seemed OTR and was spread all over. It made no logical sense to me, and no feeling of being a real university. I chose CLEMSON and the rest is history.

The only reason I can see why you would attend USUC is if you cannot qualify the entrance qualifications to attend CLEMSON.

Not trying to be mean about it, but CLEMSON rules.

Oct 24, 2018, 9:54 AM

A Clemson fan likes Clemson better than Columbia?

Color me shocked lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Oct 24, 2018, 10:00 AM

Classof09, if you had it to do over, which would you pick?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to admit ‘09, you spend a good bit of time here

Oct 24, 2018, 6:05 PM

on tnet. So, why/what’s the ‘attraction’ to a Clemson sports board?

Do you spend equal time on fgf? While you do defend Carolina, you don’t seem to ‘talk it up’. Granted, not a lot of positives there the past few years, however, there are a few on fgf that sound like true fans, with realistic understanding and expectations of/for your sports programs, that participate in legitimate sports discussion.

So, why are you here unless this is ‘where you would rather be’?

ijs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 24, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF- A hole? ]

Says the miserable dirt ######! A chicken is one of the fowlest birds on the planet, so prone to salmonella that it is packed in antibiotic ice to ship, eats it's own dookie and in general runs around squawking without knowing why. SO flap those wings right on back to FGF, commiserate wiht other miserable fowl and say-- Just wait till next year once again. Might want to think of a new slogan to holler because grown men hollering GO ##### is just so ghey. You are sadly lacking as a Campus, your football sucks and your fanbase consists of rednecks in wife beaters smoking meth.

Oct 24, 2018, 1:12 PM

You are definitely right about USuck being spread alltohell over Columbia. That alone was enough to make my decision between them and Clemson easy many years ago. Plus, at the time, USuck appeared to have a bunch of drugged out hippie looking students, while Clemson was relatively clean cut. (A lot of similar types showed up in my class at Clemson the next year, but, I digress.) From a campus standpoint, USuck never has, and never will compete. And, Clemson also has them beat by far on family atmosphere as well.

But, the Coots do have the dumpsters and dilapidated warehouses around Willy B, we can't possibly compete with that! (If it ain't smelling, they ain't yelling!) or something like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If it ain't smelling we ain't yelling"

Oct 24, 2018, 4:38 PM

They outta put that on a shirt!!!!

Message was edited by: GSCtiger

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FGF- A hole? Is this a poast about Manafold?

Oct 24, 2018, 1:18 PM

Oh, it’s not.

But Classof09 responded so the A hole thread title is once again accurate.

??

~JKB

Re: FGF- A hole? Is this a poast about Manafold?

Oct 24, 2018, 3:34 PM

Haven't heard any references to ExhaustPipe lately, thought maybe he was incarcerated or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1, totally agree with your last paragraph and your son's

Oct 24, 2018, 4:04 PM

thoughts! Go Tigers! Class of 1987

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 5:52 PM

Many of my coot friends also think Columbia sux.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic