Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Eye Test
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Eye Test

Nov 30, 2016, 3:14 AM

I understand why OhSt and Mich garner respect for their successes with tough schedules and that the very close head to head OHSt win in OT explains why the 2 are closely and highly ranked; but, this committee seems too casual about head to head losses.

Apparently, the committee values the dreaded eye-test and Top 25 victories over head to head results and advancement to conference championships. If PennSt wins the B10 and does not upend OHSt and Mich for the playoffs, the committee will lose some of my respect.

Close resumes? Fine. But conjecture should be a backup plan. When records are even moderately close, head to head victories have to be more important than opinions. Conference championships should hold sway. Otherwise, why play the games?

As Frank Howard said - I don't want the best team to win. I want us to win! - and when we do I #### well expect credit for it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: Eye Test

Nov 30, 2016, 4:04 AM

I agree with you. The conference champion should carry a lot of weight. In any level the best team may not always win but they won on that given day (Pitt for example). Ohio State will probably be voted in over Penn State and like it or not the committee will take quality wins over a conference champion.

Nov 30, 2016, 5:44 AM

Yeah , the eye test is a convenient argument in all of this .
There isn't enough time to explain the faultiness inherent in " the eye test " but I hate to suffer through the pandering some of these blue bloods get when they haven't got an equal resume built on head-to-head or conference wins .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 30, 2016, 6:31 AM

speaking of resumes why has no one questioned the almighty Alabama. They played a USC team that at the time was really bad and did not get better till after a QB change. They have played 3 FCS foes and and the rest of the SEC West has not been very good this year. Why doesn't anyone question that resume?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 8:23 AM

true kind of like the emperors new clothes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 8:21 AM

Maybe if Penn St blows out Wisconsin. Besides that it should be Ohio St.

Nov 30, 2016, 8:32 AM

The way things are now, I think if Washington wins the final four are set. OSU may drop, but don't see them going to #4 if Penn State wins. If Washington loses and Penn State wins, it will be interesting to see if Penn State will jump Michigan, I don't think Colorodo will move up enough to make it. Really the only game I care about is Clemson, just win! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Penn St. lost to Pitt and Mich 49-10. The eye test is

Nov 30, 2016, 8:38 AM

inevitable whether you admit it or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 8:43 AM
CFP Rank.JPG(44.3 K)

Here is the ultimate eye test.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic