Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a chance in heck.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 646

Not a chance in heck.....

Sep 30, 2019, 7:38 AM

If the Trumpster thinks civil war will erupt over him being tossed out for crimes he is gonna be sadly mistaken . If he is impeached and both House/Senate vote for it then there is more than enough proof of high crimes committed then the vast majority will applaud that our Constitution is still a working document.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/44a2f1a3-419b-3149-bb3e-03d48e3e154e/republican-lawmaker-denounces.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en/marketwatch.com/739165ac1963b137d4c049d85d7d3461">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a chance in heck.....

Sep 30, 2019, 7:51 AM

Sorry for the sentence structure, it's early and just got back from my morning run.

Pro tip

Sep 30, 2019, 7:59 AM

You got up early to start your week and took the trouble to take a run......try to go a few hours without reading the news or thinking about politics. You'll be amazed how much happier you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pro tip

Sep 30, 2019, 8:19 AM

Yeah, you are entirely correct. I know it, we all know it to be a true fact but man it is just like a Dyson in that it sucks you back in to look at just how screwed up stuff is right now.

that's the thing.....

Sep 30, 2019, 9:24 AM

you get out in the real world where you're doing your day to day, and life's pretty good and people are pretty nice....at least in my life. Nothing seems "screwed up" until I get online or turn on the TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trumpies have been beating this drum since he was elected.

Sep 30, 2019, 8:44 AM

These sick people actually want a civil war because they think it will be open season for them to kill Americans with different political ideologies. You've even had a few on this board calling for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

yep they are gonna put on masks and attack people in streets

Sep 30, 2019, 9:01 AM

oh wait.

Impeachment is a lawful / constitutional process.

Yes, it is.

Sep 30, 2019, 9:28 AM

And yes, too many Trump supporters have been calling for civil war, or at least mentioning it with a gleam in their eyes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Honestly man, I think you see what you want.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:31 AM

I know a ton of Trump supporters. I know a ton of anybody but Trumpers. Most of em get up, get dressed, send the kids to school, and go to work.....just like anybody else.

That's how 95% of the population is.

People of all stripes say crazy stuff on the Internet that rarely translates to real life action or personas. It's not reality.

Re: Honestly man, I think you see what you want.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

Not all Trump supporters are that way, and I apologize for making it come across as that. I mean the hardcore Trumpies. To name a few, Chesty, APM, and Memphis have all advocated civil war. I've met a few in person who have.

But as you mentioned, most Americans aren't batshit crazy idiots who would support civil war. Which is why it won't happen.

Yup, and even those you're talking about (well, most of em)

Sep 30, 2019, 11:42 AM

If you were in front of em with awareness of their name, address, and employer, would probably express fairly mundane viewpoints.

You know how some really normal people go apeshit when they get behind a wheel and their worst sides get magnified and amplified? I think the Internet is like that for even more people. They get some sort of release from acting like a caricature of themselves. Many people love re-enacting Civil War battles, but when you get down to it, probably aren't actively jonesing or working towards reinstating slavery.

in reality, what happens whe none of this happens

Sep 30, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly man, I think you see what you want. ]

will the 5% of batshit crazies on the left call for the same thing? will they dress up in their black garb and ransack cities (again)

This is more likely the outcome.

The 90% of us in the middle are being labeled by the fringe from the opposite side.

I gotta go to work, I aint got time for civil war. I got bills to pay!

Re: in reality, what happens whe none of this happens

Sep 30, 2019, 2:56 PM

I dunno, maybe. Thankfully, most Americans are too sane for the idea of civil war. And our military and police would shut that down pretty quick.

Sep 30, 2019, 9:05 AM

Haha “news” person warns of possible civil war if Trump is impeached = “Trump is predicting civil war”. Now we get to watch the liberal media try to literally will the country into a war.

Quickest war ever, the party with a trillion rounds of ammo versus the party that can’t figure out which bathroom to use.

Exhibit A.***

Sep 30, 2019, 9:28 AM

Re: Exhibit B

Sep 30, 2019, 9:50 AM

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1178498843597344768

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

They calling for a civil war?***

Sep 30, 2019, 9:55 AM

no, they are actively fighting one.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:02 AM

who has promoted violence?

who has actually acted violently?

If 100's of Trump supporters showed up ANYWHERE donning face masks, helmets and weapons, attacking people in the streets, the left would call for marshal law.

Re: no, they are actively fighting one.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:11 AM

Right. Sure. A real civil war there with a few random nut jobs.

Trump supporters are the ones advocating a real civil war. Some of them have done it right here.

Trump supporters will not discriminate.

Sep 30, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a chance in heck..... ]

The exact same weapons will be used for all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exhibit B.***

Sep 30, 2019, 11:11 AM

Braking News: Trump takes 330 million Americans hostage

Sep 30, 2019, 9:06 AM

President Trump announces his decision on Twitter, declares Marshall Law and orders the arrest of Pelosi and Shiff on treason charges.

"I had no choice. We had to avoid a civil war. You either do what I say, or Donald J. Trump is going to personally blow this #### up"

Re: Braking News: Trump takes 330 million Americans hostage

Sep 30, 2019, 9:12 AM

Wouldn’t be surprised. This would be a logical move and most Americans that see through the bullshlt the deep state is using to stage this coup would go along with it. Enough is enough.

Therein lies the rub. It wouldn't surprise anyone

Sep 30, 2019, 9:43 AM

and it wouldn't solve any of our current problems. In fact, can I be so bold as to claim that it might cause a few dozen more?

I doubt strong man political chaos isn't what most Trump voters had in mind to "Make America Great Again".

I doubt it is what they had in mind***

Sep 30, 2019, 9:44 AM

Re: Therein lies the rub. It wouldn't surprise anyone

Sep 30, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Therein lies the rub. It wouldn't surprise anyone ]

Nobody said taking back the government would be pain-free. This would be more of an actual “redress of grievances” referred to in the constitution, on steroids.

That's quite a bastardization of the Constitutional

Sep 30, 2019, 10:23 AM

right to petition.

"Taking back the government" is not petitioning. The whole whistleblower thing is actually closer to the principle of petitioning, come to think of it.

Trying to "take back the government" by force, Constitutionally, is treason. That doesn't mean it's 100% wrong, that's a matter of opinion, but it would be treason, legally.

Re: That's quite a bastardization of the Constitutional

Sep 30, 2019, 10:24 AM

Trump was our informal petition. If that fails, it would be time to water the tree.

You are saying words, but not saying anything.

Sep 30, 2019, 10:30 AM

"Trump was our informal petition". Who is "our"? What was the "petition" for? How would such petition "fail"? What is "watering the tree"?

The Constitution doesn't guarantee a right to a successful petition. It guarantees your right to petition, without fear of being punished for doing it. Now, if your petition is unsuccessful, you can do what a vast majority of people do, and suck it up and get on with your life, or if it's really that big a deal, there are other places in the world to live.

Re: You are saying words, but not saying anything.

Sep 30, 2019, 10:53 AM

It was a euphemism, woosh. You actually think with the house judiciary committee engaging in outright sedition in an attempt to overthrow a sitting US President who was put in office by 63,000,000 people, many of which are gun owners, is going to trigger the drafting of some cute little redress document that the left is going to crumple up and throw in the trash anyway? Any civility is gone now, the left has been pulling one dirty trick after another against the President the moment he took office. Too soon to call this a tipping point, but we’re close. It’s more like a turning point but at least the gloves are finally off.

My only point is...doing what you are saying

Sep 30, 2019, 11:02 AM

would be treason, legally, not "petitioning". One must decide for themselves if that makes it wrong. The American Revolutionaries committed treason, but most Americans today probably they think they were in the right.

And if you want my opinion, any talk of any "war" or "overthrow," or "revolution," or whatever, is complete nonsense that will not happen. Absolutely will not.

Worst case scenario, the President is removed from office (not going to happen), his supporters will be really mad and complain a lot on the internet, and then they'll vote for someone like him in 2020. Worst case, there will be isolated incidents of individuals attempting to commit violence.

You, MemphisCat, will not revolt against the state. I'm telling you, you will not, and I know you know this. You will exercise your constitutional right to make your voice heard in the ballot box, and hopefully doing so will make the government more to your liking.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: You are saying words, but not saying anything. ]

And 65 million voted against him. Several didn't vote for him at all and don't support him. He is not any kind of message sent by the American people.

Sep 30, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: You are saying words, but not saying anything. ]

If he is impeached by both the Senate and the House that is in line with our Constitution Memphis. Are you seriously that frigging stooooopid?

Most will defend our Constitution not some dimwitted narcissist prone to temper tantrums,lies and in general stoopidity. Put it this way, if it a'int legal per the Constitution you may find that you be outnumbered by folks that grasp " Defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic". See you would fall under the domestic if Trumpster is impeached under due process of all procedures written in our Constitution at that point, get it now?

This President has given them more than enough rope to hang himself except for loons,fools and mentally challenged folks. Tell me whcih you fall under?

Re: That's quite a bastardization of the Constitutional

Sep 30, 2019, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: That's quite a bastardization of the Constitutional ]

Trump wasn't anyone's "informal" petition. He's not supported by the majority of Americans and never has been. He's not some will of the people. Don't pretend he is.

Sep 30, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Braking News: Trump takes 330 million Americans hostage ]

You're a grown man who actually believes in a Deep State conspiracy because Hannity told you it's a thing, and you want a civil war because of it.

Say it out loud and see how it sounds.

Who is Marshall, and what kind of law does he do?***

Sep 30, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Braking News: Trump takes 330 million Americans hostage ]

Marshall Dillon?

Sep 30, 2019, 10:31 AM

https://youtu.be/N6a--FLBPjs

Sep 30, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Braking News: Trump takes 330 million Americans hostage ]

What does "Marshall Law" mean ?

Anyone who thinks Trump is going to be removed from office..

Sep 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

is a short sighted moron who thinks with their emotions instead of their head.

In essence, we agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who thinks Trump is going to be removed from office..

Sep 30, 2019, 10:17 AM

...short-sighted moron who thinks with their emotions instead of their head”.

In other words, a Liberal.

There are three types of liberals here, Memp.

Sep 30, 2019, 10:38 AM

One group refrains from the trivial day to day discussion, extremely objective and realistic. The second type is wishful with occasional comments and fair questions.

You're thinking about the third type. They think with their heart, finding and spitting out every bit of anything and everything which appears to them to be accurate because it supports what they want to believe. We have five or less than five like that.

I doubt there's five people who contribute to this forum who actually believe Trump will be removed from office. Neither of them believes that removal is automatic if impeachment when initiated.

The only really foolish thing about liberals here is that many who I wouldn't put in the moron category think Trump is now being impeached. That's not what's happening. This is more a convening of a grand jury than impeachment.

I think anyone who comes down firmly on EITHER side of...

Sep 30, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Anyone who thinks Trump is going to be removed from office.. ]

this thing right now is pretty short-sighted!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 1:56 PM

Wow, that would be embarrassing. What if Trump threw a Civil War and nobody showed up?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 646
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic