Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Acting as if Danny Ford didn't exist is politically correct
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,092

Acting as if Danny Ford didn't exist is politically correct

May 1, 2013, 10:57 AM

I suppose for many reasons, but He gave 110% to Clemson football when Charley Pell knifed us in the back and left for Florida..

starting day one by beating one of the most notable head coaches in the history of college football (in Woody Hayes)..taking what he was left with in very good talent & continuing to add to it year after year with even better recruiting..assembling a fine coaching staff..and winning more games over that period than probably any other Clemson coach has % wise..

while staying in the community since his firing and remaining friends to all..and showing the world that Clemson is a great place not only to work, but to live.

Oh, a Danny Ford team has the ONLY National Championship trophy we have had since 1896..which in itself is reason enough not to keep the Man/Coach out in the cold..and pretend he never existed.

What say you?!

Time for Danny to have his name on the stadium interior wall for all to see & enjoy.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His induction in the ROH is long over due!!!!!!***

May 1, 2013, 11:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His induction in the ROH is long over due!!!!!!***

May 1, 2013, 11:53 AM

right there with the 81 team. Specifically mentioned and everything. I suspect that is all there will ever be. You may like it or not but its about time to move on as far as this aspect goes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acting as if Danny Ford didn't exist is politically correct

May 1, 2013, 11:23 AM

While I and many,,many other Clemson fans agree with you 100%, there are things that we don't know about that prevents DF from being recognized for his achievements. I can't imagine any thing happening at Clemson during his tenure that closely resembles the events that have taken place in Chapel Hill and several other universities. Hopefully the day will come when Danny can join the other elite men and women of Clemson University and gain this recognition that he deserves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is a name on the facade of the upper deck

May 1, 2013, 11:24 AM

acting as if he didn't exist?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2013, 11:25 AM
awjeez.jpg(40.4 K)

Probation on your watch and badmouthing your bosses while on the rubber chicken spring IPTAY tour doesn't get you in the ROH.

Message was edited by: CU TLGTN®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

May 1, 2013, 12:02 PM

When your bosses were a joke and the probation was never tied to you it should. Especially when you were the most successful Clemson coach since John Heisman himself.

Except that wasn't it.

May 1, 2013, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Acting as if Danny Ford didn't exist is politically correct ]

Didn't help, though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woody Hayes

May 1, 2013, 12:11 PM

is in Ohio State's ring of honor and recently had the football complex named for him, complete with a statue.

Anything Danny Ford did was far less public and far less detrimental to the school than the Woody Hayes punch.

Re: Woody Hayes

May 1, 2013, 12:28 PM

I dont disagree and I thought naming the football complex was one thing. Having Woodys name in the stadium given how his career ended is another. Of course given that I cant say it surprised me that Oh St would do that.

JUst to be clear I have no problem with Danny's name in the stadium which it is now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the person that replaces Barker is not a pansy @ss.***

May 1, 2013, 1:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re It has been over 30 yrs. If he has not received it, by

May 1, 2013, 2:38 PM

now, you might as well forget it. Apparently the higher ups already have.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,092
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic