Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ever since USuCk became relevant in football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 3,518

Ever since USuCk became relevant in football

Apr 3, 2014, 3:31 PM

and started winning some big games (including 5 in a row over us) I have noticed a disturbing trend. More and more high school students, both in state and out of state, have began applying to that school. The exposure created by the football team and athletic success dating back to their CWS wins started raising the bar academically as well. As more students apply, the admission standards naturally begin to go up.

I'm afraid this is bad news for Clemson, as the value of our education and my diploma is starting to be on the same level as our inbred neighbors in Columbia.

As I really start to reflect on the value of degrees, this concerns me greatly. In fact, I don't have to look any further than USuCk's law school. If Clemson really wanted to compete academically, wouldn't we have a law school, or at least a medical school as well?

It's time to wake up people...if Clemson doesn't start beating USuCk in football every year, like we did when I was in school, then they will become smarter than us as well. Dabo needs to get it together and beat the chickens this year, and then sweep the leg with more wins after this year.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Do you think we will lose our accreditation

Apr 3, 2014, 3:33 PM

if we lose to them again? Not just next season...I mean, lose to them again ever?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It depends, I think it will have a lot to do with how

Apr 3, 2014, 3:35 PM

our new president reacts to it. He could try to keep us relevant academically, or he could force our school to be another WVU, which is what he's clearly comfortable with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Lawd help us if we become another WVU

Apr 3, 2014, 3:37 PM

I can't afford to buy a new couch every week

You only have to burn a couch when we win

Apr 3, 2014, 3:38 PM

for example, in 2014 we will only need about 4 or 5 couches.

I think you'r over-estimating the importance of the

Apr 3, 2014, 3:41 PM

game w/ them. See, Clemson is in the ACC & will therefore get a better bowl than them every year regardless of the outcome of that game.

Plus I think Dabo's been losing on purpose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 or 5?

Apr 3, 2014, 3:54 PM [ in reply to You only have to burn a couch when we win ]

Have you SEEN our schedule? Sure, we will probably beat SC State and Ga State, but come on. 5 is pushing it

Syracuse will be out for blood after we embarrassed them by being better last year, plus, they are accustomed to playing in a non-air conditioned environment

GT and Wake have brought in a truck-loads of talent on the recruiting front....I think one of them signed a 3 star prospect last year

You're counting GA State as an automatic win? Gutsy call.

Apr 3, 2014, 3:56 PM

This will be the first time ever playing in Death Valley for them so they won't even know that they will be intimidated by it or the crowd so they'll come in focused and expecting to win, can you say FSU 2013 all over again???

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

We rush the field every game

Apr 3, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to You only have to burn a couch when we win ]

Why wouldn't we burn a couch every game?

Good point, we should rethink this***

Apr 3, 2014, 5:16 PM

How can ewe talk football at a time like this.

Apr 3, 2014, 5:23 PM

Haven't you heard?! Dan Orlovsky just signed with the Lions. 1:1 odds to win it all. Vegas has the Lions over the Matt Shaub led Rayders.

I'll help start the flow - stage couches at the top of The

Apr 4, 2014, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Good point, we should rethink this*** ]

Hill.

The 3 to 4 times we win next year, we set them on fire on the top of them and pick them up from the bottom and then rush the field to gather bonfire-style at The Paw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

what has gotten your orange panties in a wad?***

Apr 3, 2014, 3:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

deroberts has made me see the light

Apr 3, 2014, 3:55 PM

the future was bright for Clemson...now I'm not so sure

goober***

Apr 3, 2014, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to agree, we all know what happened with

Apr 3, 2014, 3:50 PM

Boston College and "the flutie" effect.

Being successfull in sports can boost your own academics and be a detriment to your competition

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Here's a link

Apr 3, 2014, 3:51 PM

After the 1984 game against Miami, BC experienced a significant increase in applications the following year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flutie_Effect

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Excellent point newb, although I would have

Apr 3, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I have to agree, we all know what happened with ]

thought that was way before your time.

What will happen when USuCk is the new BC? Clemson will become a fall back school.

This has no bearing on academics

Apr 3, 2014, 5:26 PM

We're still leagues better in our strengths, too. Engineering, architecture, GC, and so on.

Tell that to all the unemployed CU

Apr 3, 2014, 5:32 PM

architecture grads

Re: Tell that to all the unemployed CU

Apr 3, 2014, 8:42 PM

> architecture grads

like Barker????

I was thinking my wife, but sure

Apr 3, 2014, 11:23 PM

that works too

Pigs of wife

Apr 4, 2014, 8:07 AM

Pleeze

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pigs of wife

Apr 4, 2014, 8:43 AM

Do you even facebook bro? It's not that hard to find pics of wife.

Oh kewl. What's her first and last name?

Apr 4, 2014, 8:52 AM

Also, social security number would be helpful.

TIA in advance.

Re: Tell that to all the unemployed CU

Apr 4, 2014, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Tell that to all the unemployed CU ]

I know a CU architecture grad living in Columbia with 20 years experience who's been unemployed for about a year and finally found a job but having to move out of state.

What is the deal with the architecture industry? I assume it's the lack of development due to a crappy real estate market for several years, but are there other factors? Are there too many architects?

It depends on what type of architecture you're in

Apr 4, 2014, 8:36 AM

For example, my wife was in residential. When the economy tanked, developers and individual consumers were no longer building new houses. Her company just about went completely under and she was the last employee left besides the owner. Finally she got laid off too.

With the economy and so many architects out of work, the companies that were hiring were offering a starting salary of about $30-$35k. At the time we had a 2 year old so after running the numbers it really didn't seem worth it to pay for child care for her to go make that salary.

did they get a better curriculum?

Apr 3, 2014, 8:15 PM

No. No they didn't.

Don't kid yourself. They may get smarter kids due to the process of elimination, but they won't be taught at any higher level, or get a better education than they have been getting.

Still a Tier Three school academically.

Re: Ever since USuCk became relevant in football

Apr 3, 2014, 8:55 PM

They apply to USUC because it is so dang easy to get accepted there. They shine a flashlight in one end, and if they don't see the light at the other end, you're accepted. It is a totally different universe on that campus.

Have you no shame in comparing USUC to CLEMSON where even the slightest mention of academics is mentioned?

No, I have no shame, just a sick

Apr 3, 2014, 11:24 PM

sense of humor

Standards don't go up just because more kids apply to

Apr 3, 2014, 8:59 PM

be a chicken.

Re: Ever since USuCk became relevant in football

Apr 4, 2014, 6:18 AM

> In fact, I don't have to
> look any further than USuCk's law school. If Clemson
> really wanted to compete academically, wouldn't we
> have a law school, or at least a medical school as
> well?

Didn't SCAR already open a med school in Greenville?

thats's because you have to try ( hard) to fail there.

Apr 4, 2014, 6:42 AM

we all know that's true, 'cause what's his name said so.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said before...GWP=Gamecock with Pseudonym***

Apr 4, 2014, 8:57 AM

Replies: 33
| visibility 3,518
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic