Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty good day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Pretty good day

Oct 20, 2015, 2:19 PM

Got the day off, got ribs on the smoker soaking in some apple and mesquite, got a bunch of good brews in the cooler...

Oh, and I learned this morning that I'm going to be a dad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

way to ruin a perfectly good day....sorry.

Oct 20, 2015, 2:20 PM

jk, congarts!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations!

Oct 20, 2015, 2:20 PM

Does the mother know yet?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations. I was just sharing fun stories with an old

Oct 20, 2015, 2:23 PM

coworker of struggling to keep up with little sh!theads while trying to tailgate and get drunk before football games. ENJOY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember when you had just one kid, and they couldn't walk

Oct 20, 2015, 2:29 PM

and you carried them around in a child carrier, and you and your wife would go out to a nice dinner, and just lug them to the restaurant in a carrier while they slept, and you would look at your wife and say "see, we got this, this is easy---we're going to be the cool parents, nothing will change."

Then a couple months later they start walking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

three kids last night at Empire Pizza.

Oct 20, 2015, 3:07 PM

Little guy gets gas, gotta get him out of the carrier and he has skunk farts.

Middle guy decides to slam his face on the table.

Then the pizza finally comes (slow service) and both older kids try to devour pizza that is coated in hot magma.

Greenr has to eat his pizza with one hand while holding a farting 4 month old and trying to convince 4 year old that she cannot gyrate in the restaurant while waiting for pizza to cool. We end up leaving without finishing all our food.

#LIFE

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: three kids last night at Empire Pizza.

Oct 20, 2015, 3:08 PM

Can't wait

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even when they start walking, the first kid doesn't

Oct 20, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to remember when you had just one kid, and they couldn't walk ]

affect your life THAT much. You can still go on dates with the wife. You can still go out drinking with the guys, or play golf on Sunday, or whatever. Then kid2 comes along and completely ##### up kid1 because jealous, and the wife won't let you leave until they are in bed (and vice versa) and golf goes by the wayside, and you start drinking in the bathroom while their grubby little hands reach for you under the door. All the while they scream DADDY DADDY DADDY DADDY... Then, after a couple years of that, kid's sports and other activities begin and destroy any chance you had to watch pro sports on sunday or any other day, so you just lose interest in all but Clemson football. You haven't played golf in 8 years. You vaguely remember enjoying eating a nice dinner with your wife, but now, you just try to pawn the kids off on other parents for a sleepover so that you can try to get a good nights sleep.

Wouldn't change a thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HIGHEST OF INTERNET HIGH FIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 20, 2015, 3:33 PM

When the kids are at the grandparents

Oct 20, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Even when they start walking, the first kid doesn't ]

It is your only opportunity for a CONJUGAL VISIT with your wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of jealous kids...

Oct 20, 2015, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Even when they start walking, the first kid doesn't ]

My friends that I almost always have Sunday dinner with have 3. One isn't one yet so still mostly useless, but has become mobile. Next turns 4 any day now and oldest 6. We were talking about going some place that a kid has to be 5 to be. 4 year old goes from being happy has can be to crying hysterically that we were going to go and leave her. I'd wager this child hasn't been without one of her parents around for any more than half an hour in her life. Funniest part, she had an evil grin when we said we'd wait until she could go, but leave the baby behind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy ####

Oct 21, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Even when they start walking, the first kid doesn't ]

dude, have you been filming my life ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know this for sure, but I would think the

Oct 20, 2015, 2:26 PM

excitement of picking up a new Hellcat Challenger would at least equal that of becoming a parent, and be cheaper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a little insulting to us parents.

Oct 20, 2015, 2:30 PM

Cars only depreciate for 6 or 7 years before reaching the bottom of their price curve.

Kids cost money forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 6.2 Hemi is certainly cheaper to feed than a child***

Oct 20, 2015, 2:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, eventually you get old and you go on their payroll,

Oct 20, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to That's a little insulting to us parents. ]

right?

Message was edited by: aerozeptallica®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at most multi-child families you know......

Oct 20, 2015, 2:56 PM

pick one with 3 kids...

usually one kid fits your definition when they grow up.---take good care of mom and dad, manage their affairs when they get older, all that stuff.

One kid becomes a money suck....either addition, laziness, or just a severe allergy to being successful, and they basically consume every bit of estate that would have gone to the first kid.

The final kid usually gets in a fight with the family at some point and moves a couple thousand miles away and only speaks to the family once or twice a year. They are money neutral.

I guess being in some ways an only

Oct 20, 2015, 3:33 PM

child* I cover all 3. I'll take care of Dad as best I can. I only talk to my Mom a few times a year, and my ship is never coming in.

*My mother has a daughter from her first marriage that I never really lived with. We aren't close and she communicates with my mom less than I do.

Congarts

Oct 20, 2015, 2:29 PM

Start saving for college now

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given the past 18 yr Clemson Tuition Rate increase

Oct 20, 2015, 2:39 PM

4 year enrollment will be approx. $300-$350K in 18 years from now.

So there's that.

Nah guys, Bernie is going to make tuition free for our kids!***

Oct 20, 2015, 2:46 PM

ROH

I seriously doubt that.

Oct 20, 2015, 4:23 PM

He's dead, Dude.

Did you even have to use your AK?***

Oct 20, 2015, 2:43 PM

So they really ARE letting the gheys adopt these days?

Oct 20, 2015, 2:44 PM

j/k

Congards!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Congarts!!!! That will ruin

Oct 20, 2015, 2:56 PM

the best piece of ##### you probably ever had!!!!

Just kidding. :)

That's fantastic! Does your wife know yet?***

Oct 20, 2015, 3:02 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol...I was going to say ^^^^^doesn't have kids

Oct 20, 2015, 3:21 PM

But that was obvious. Congratulations, and expect changes.

If you make this same post in 5 years from now, you have a helluva wife, or are divorced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats! Hope your last few moments of peace are enjoyable!***

Oct 20, 2015, 3:28 PM

#ACCFTS

Congrats!

Oct 20, 2015, 3:49 PM

did you and your husband use a surrogate or go the adoption route?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

holy sheet

Oct 20, 2015, 4:26 PM

Hola amigo, good to see ye.

About once a quarter.

Oct 20, 2015, 4:29 PM

It's always a pleasant surprise.

Congrats! Hope everything goes well. See below for a PRO TIP

Oct 20, 2015, 4:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Congrats on the ribs, should be dellish***

Oct 20, 2015, 7:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

congratulations, see you've been doing more than smokin meat***

Oct 20, 2015, 8:41 PM

Condolences to you, your family and bank accounts.***

Oct 21, 2015, 9:15 AM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic