Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN is wetting themselves over Johnny Football...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,018

ESPN is wetting themselves over Johnny Football...

Jan 1, 2014, 9:26 AM

Can you imagine if he had done something like win a conference or national championship? They would have blown themselves up!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN is wetting themselves over Johnny Football...

Jan 1, 2014, 9:31 AM

I can't decide if I dislike him so much because of the way he has behaved or their incessant fawning over him at ESPN. There has seldom been a player I have had so little use for. I've reached the point with ESPN where if I watch anything it is the game only. The rest of their trype isnt worth my time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's both for me -

Jan 1, 2014, 9:35 AM

His little antics on aTm's opening Q3 drive where he had a nice run around the left end, then skipped back to the huddle while barking some 'niceties' at the closest Duke player - what an a-hole.

Then Rece Davis just about losing his sh8t on the crazy scramble and TD. You could tell he had been waiting for a while for the Aggies to do something great. He probably needed to change the boxers after that outburst.

So - half Manziel's arrogance, half SEC's bromance.

Yea, you could sense Pollack and Palmer

Jan 1, 2014, 9:34 AM

was willing A&M to victory.

Didn't they make a comment, to the effect...this would
had been the worse lose (for the SEC/A&M) in college
fb history.

yeah, they were waiting for it to blow up in Duke's face.

Yeah, although he was money in the 2nd half last night***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yeah, although he was money in the 2nd half last night***

Jan 1, 2014, 10:20 AM

espn and the three stooges pulled a&m thru. how much money must Disney and espn spend to get teams to tank and refs to blow calls for the sec to win?

The blown PI calls were bad

Jan 1, 2014, 10:23 AM

But why would ESPN benefit from TAMU winning last night?

ESPN has a TV deal with the SEC and the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Whether or not ESPN would benefit from a TAMU

Jan 1, 2014, 10:36 AM

victory never was a consideration to me.

What did concern me, however, was the near-hero worship of Manziel throughout the broadcast, even considering his accomplishments. That type of singling out of a player for adulation is an insult not only to members of the player's team, but to their opponents, as well.

Duke d@mn well deserved more acknowledgment than they received, and I wouldn't hesitate to vigorously condemn the network's and announcers' failures to present balanced coverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whether or not ESPN would benefit from a TAMU

Jan 1, 2014, 10:45 AM

they didn't mention duke qb's insane stats until 3 and 1/2 minutes left in the game...truth

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whether or not ESPN would benefit from a TAMU

Jan 1, 2014, 10:49 AM

Just wait until our game. It will be Ohio State worship. No commentator on any network has given us a chance to win......

But he won two future BCS Bowls!! (nm)

Jan 1, 2014, 10:52 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic