Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN is doing this on purpose...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,079

ESPN is doing this on purpose...

Jan 9, 2016, 10:35 AM

ESPN is just as tired of Alabama as everyone else. The players can say they don't, but we all know that some point leading up to the game they have or will have seen ESPN. They want Bama to go in with big heads and make Clemson feel like the underdog. Technically Bama is the underdog in this game. Clemson hasn't lost a game and has a much more explosive offense. The defense is almost as good as Bama's. I don't see how they could seriously feel like Clemson doesn't stand a chance... It's all on purpose I'm telling you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN is doing this on purpose...

Jan 9, 2016, 10:38 AM

Have you ever met a promoter that told you the event he's pushing is the worst event in town? Nope.

ESPN is simply that - a promoter.

Jan 9, 2016, 11:44 AM

They could be, but a more likely scenario is that they are all just ghey for Saban and Alabama. They are programmed like they rest of the nation, Alabama is a safe pick, they have a recent history of winning and they get the best recruiting class every year. Even if they lose they won't look dumb because everyone else picked bama. Giving Clemson a little more credit would take nothing away from the promotion of the game. They just don't have the balls to do it.

Jan 9, 2016, 11:57 AM

Actually...and I know I will get killed for this...but Bama really is that good, especially on defense. From an objective standpont, Bama's A game > Clemson's A game by one or two scores. However, Watson is the X factor and can even those odds with all else being equal. We lose him or he has just an average game, we lose by 10+.

Another Gump is pulling a Saban.

Jan 9, 2016, 12:01 PM

Yeah, sure you're the underdogs. Keep drinking that Saban kool-aid. Another 2 digit IQ Bamer boy on full display.

Technically, Alabama is favored by 6.5-7 with FPI 62% odds

Jan 9, 2016, 12:03 PM

That pretty much makes them the favorite by all definitions. Clemson earned our #1 ranking by winning on the field, but all the computer polls, efficiency statistics, etc. have Alabama as the favorite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Technically, Alabama is favored by 6.5-7 with FPI 62% odds

Jan 9, 2016, 12:22 PM

Game control?

You tell em coot***

Jan 9, 2016, 12:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reverse psychology won't effect the outcome of the game.

Jan 9, 2016, 12:05 PM

Believe me, I've tried.

Jan 9, 2016, 12:08 PM

Most lucrative contract every in college sports 15 years 2.25 billion sec-espn. Of course they're doing on purpose, it's in their contract

"Technically Bama is the underdog in this game..."??????

Jan 9, 2016, 12:18 PM

You must've attended the Univ of Alabama/Columbia,SC campus. Please find someone with a GED to explain how the terms "favorite" and "underdog" work. Once you grasp the concept, it'll add to your enjoyment of the games....especially ones you wager on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,079
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic