Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN etc all concur that the ACC and Big East
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,315

ESPN etc all concur that the ACC and Big East

Nov 5, 2012, 6:49 PM

rule college basketball and not many people argue that. They have a history of winning and head to head they beat most teams from other conferences.

Why do so many people look at SEC bias when facts are the SEC has had a good run for several years. I would argue in the 80s, what was to become the Big 12 ran the table with Oklahoma and Nebraska. For years in the 20s and 30s the independants ran things with Army, Notre Dame and Navy winning national championships. It is all cyclical...look at how bad Bama was just a few years ago. Facts are LSU was a door mat for years.

I would just think coming from a conference where Dickie V etc can't get enough Duke and UNC and rightly so, why so many Clemson fans get so mad when facts are facts, the SEC is a stellar division, right now. Even the lower level bowl games aren't evenly matched teams to make the game better.

Look at the Chick Fil A bowl. It takes the 2nd place ACC team and most years a 6th place SEC team and down the line bowl to bowl do the same with the matchups with other conferences. Even the Big 12 sends it's 2nd best team to the cotton to face the SEC 3rd or 4th best based on Capital 1 or Cotton choice

Any year an SEC team makes it to the championship the bowl breakdown follows.
2 go to the BCS #1 to championship game, #2 to Sugar
# 3 goes to Cotton, #4 to the Capital One, #5 to Outback, #6 to Chick Fil A, #7 to Gator. All these matchups are uneven for a reason, the nation wants good games and they get them for the most part.

Just wait a few years and the ACC could take off with Clemson, Fla St, Miami, Va tech, Notre Dame, etc becoming a powerhouse. Everything goes in cycles.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't you coots talk this non sense on your own board

Nov 5, 2012, 6:53 PM

If Clemson and FSU win out, it will be 2 years in a row 2 ACC teams have went to BCS bowls.

SEC is top heavy and the rest are

Nov 5, 2012, 6:55 PM

bad. KY, Ole Miss, Vandy, Miss st, AU, ARK and Mizzu are all horrible

Re: Why can't you coots talk this non sense on your own board

Nov 5, 2012, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Why can't you coots talk this non sense on your own board ]

Thats a great point and put that together a few years in a row and you will see instant credibility. the only problem with that stat is I think both teams lost those BCS games right?

I would say this is a good year for the ACC gaining credibility. Fla St beats Fla and Clemson beats SCar (as you guys call it)both go to BCS bowls and win them and that may be the bigget statement in ACC history. 2 teams finishing in the top 5 at 12-1 followed by both being preseason top 5 for next year. I say you have it served on a platter even with a historically weak ACC this year

Re: Why can't you coots talk this non sense on your own board

Nov 5, 2012, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Why can't you coots talk this non sense on your own board ]

bryant tiger why is everyone a coot to you? the op has been on this board since 2004. you seem to be mad at everyone and everything? you having bad times? has the thought ever occured to you that people dont agree or like all your posts and negativity? dont read or open the post if you are not interested. you dont have to post on every article.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN etc all concur that the ACC and Big East

Nov 5, 2012, 6:54 PM

North Carolina and Duke rule ACC basketball. Everyone else under performs.

Maybe NC State will change that this season.

FSU won the ACC last year and pitt and Cuse

Nov 5, 2012, 7:03 PM

are coming in. The ACC will be king for sure

Basketball champ is determined by a 68 team playoff. BCS is determined by a corrupt computer program that values losses more than wins.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:09 PM

Bias is necessary to prop teams up before the corrupt formula is applied.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:16 PM

I think everybody is pretty much in agreement that the SEC is the strongest conference in football. That doesn't mean that every SEC football team is good. But it would seem that way listening to ESPN and coot fans. That's the problem.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:28 PM

Fair enough...Scar has plenty of crazy fans but it is that way everywhere. There are people on here saying clemson would spank everyone but bama and maybe even bama. Not sure most of your own fans nor anyone else in the country believes that one. there are Scar fans saying Clemson game won't be close, those are crazy folks from the same gene pool as the Clemson fans thinking you can spank everyone in the country and the only reason you aren't number 1 is due to bias and computers. Oh yea if you played FSU again you win.

If we could put both of these groups together in Siberia somewhere the rest of us normal folks could ahve rational cross rivalry discussions

Nov 5, 2012, 7:32 PM

GO PECK DIRT COOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 5, 2012, 7:40 PM

this character would fit in the Siberia grouping

Nov 5, 2012, 7:44 PM

Graducated from both in state schools! SC undergrad so my allegiance is there suffering under Sparky woods days but went to grad school at CU. I was at 3 home games during the 81 season due to parents being CU grads but I guess I still deserve to catch heat from a thoughtless CU fan who only wears orange glasses and never set foot on any campus!

Nov 5, 2012, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN etc all concur that the ACC and Big East ]

I just don't understand what's worth bragging about. When Duke or UNC wins the national title in basketball it doesn't make Clemson's program any better. Do you hear Red Sox fans chanting AL East when the Yankees win the World Series? Hell no. It makes no sense. The SEC is the only conference or division in all of sports that does this.

Nov 5, 2012, 8:09 PM

See I would argue the opposite. Your coach can tell guys who would never get playing time at Duke or UNC that he can put them up against the best in the country. That is a big deal to a kid who was overlooked by the big dogs to go along with the kids who just want to play for Clemson. You can put a pretty competitive team together due to that then see where it goes fromt here. Look at Vandy coming around in football. Take a look, they have 4 star kids choosing them over UGA, etc as well as some guys who were overlooked and they will go to a bowl again this year.

Almost half of the D1 teams go to bowls nowadays, that means

Nov 5, 2012, 8:23 PM

very little today. All this nonsense ends when the BCS ends after 2013. The BCS was the brainchild of your Commissioner, so it is not surprising things have gone the way they have over the last six years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,315
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic