Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN article just quoted Jay Bilas that officiating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,920

ESPN article just quoted Jay Bilas that officiating

Apr 7, 2015, 8:14 AM

had no influence on game outcome. My goodness. They actually considered him an appropriate source to make that statement. Does that give you a hint of how football is reported on the worlds most unfair and unbalanced sports network?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...that's actually pretty funny***

Apr 7, 2015, 8:16 AM

Re: ESPN article just quoted Jay Bilas that officiating

Apr 7, 2015, 8:22 AM

He is generally pretty fair and all but you're point is a good one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

since Jay went to Duke I'm guessing he's a tad bit biased

Apr 7, 2015, 8:24 AM

just a guess

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN's entire stage was full of Ex-Duke players,

Apr 7, 2015, 8:38 AM

I guess Wisc doesn't have any that were worth hiring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's because Wisconsin doesn't have a history of numerous...

Apr 7, 2015, 12:05 PM

great players.

I thought it was consistently bad last night but equal for

Apr 7, 2015, 8:59 AM

both teams. I mean Wisconsin only got called for 2 fouls in the first half. Both Okafor and Winslow both got at least one questionable call each. The thing that bothered me about the refs, and this goes for both sides, is that the defensive player whether he had position or not basically had no chance in that game unless he hit the floor or flopped. I've never seen so many no calls with the offensive player just dribbling into the established player and then getting a good shot. I think Duke figured that out in the second half that they weren't going to call it and started being way more aggressive.

I thought it was a great game though overall.

agree and I agree with Bilas- Duke was just better

Apr 7, 2015, 11:02 AM

there were 2 calls that went against Wisc where they should have got possession. At least 2 of the calls against Okafor were BS and one against Winslow was questionable. Those calls forced them out of the game for 10+ minutes. That is a bigger impact than 2 possessions that amounted to I believe only 2 Duke points. Duke's bench(which supposedly didn't exist) stepped up huge, they were the better team last night(and this season) and deserved to win and would've won if the game had been called perfectly.

That said-- one of the worst officiated final fours I've ever seen. The teams that should have won, won but some horrendous errors were made ....many that should have been corrected with replay if that is going to be part of the game.

I didnt watch it. Watched Rangers hockey game instead

Apr 7, 2015, 9:09 AM

Less violent sport

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this hockey game of which you speak?***

Apr 7, 2015, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: What is this hockey game of which you speak?***

Apr 7, 2015, 11:48 AM

If you guys hate Jay Bilas now.....just wait about 4 to 5 years.....you will really hate him when he takes a new job / position.

It didn't, Coach K ran a coaching clinic on Bo Ryan...

Apr 7, 2015, 12:04 PM

You can hate Duke all you want, and many times I have been angry at how the refs favored them, but overall that was an evenly called game. Wisconsin lost because they had Kaminsky shooting jumpers in the second half when Okafor was out. Kaminsky scored points, but jumpers don't draw fouls the way that posting up does. Coach K made great adjustments with Okafor being out. Wisconsin failed to feed the ball in the low post to Kaminsky in the 2nd half, and the whole team were settling for jumpers in the second half. Duke attacked the basket, Wisconsin didn't. Wisconsin spent too much time celebrating the victory over Kentucky, and did not have the focus that they did against Kentucky.

I may never say this again, but

Apr 7, 2015, 12:18 PM

I agree with you 100%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ESPN article just quoted Jay Bilas that officiating

Apr 7, 2015, 12:13 PM

I usually think he is pretty fair but that is like the time the clock operator screwed us and he said that it made no difference because if duke had less time they would have run a different play. Eventhiugh with all the extra time they had all they had time to do was sprint down the court and put a shot up. Idiotic

Tigertown

Maaan...

Apr 7, 2015, 1:14 PM

Eff dat #####

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,920
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic