Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN FPI still has us ranked behind Notre Dame.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

ESPN FPI still has us ranked behind Notre Dame.....

Oct 6, 2015, 7:59 AM

Wow. Did I miss something? Didn't we just beat Notre Dame. What a piece of #### poll.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN FPI still has us ranked behind Notre Dame.....

Oct 6, 2015, 8:03 AM

HAHAHA this poll is ridiculous. It has 1 loss teams above undefeated teams. SEC homerism at best. SoS must be a huge factor in this poll.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 8:03 AM

AND THAT POLL BOTHERS YOU WHY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 8:08 AM

This poll is brought up weekly by ESPN sportscasters in an effort to legitimize it. Mike Greenberg can be heard chirping about it on Mike & Mike every week, among others. If we don't expose what a piece of crap poll this is the ESPN propaganda machine can influence the public, possibly even the playoff choices.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a poll...it's a mathematical formula.***

Oct 6, 2015, 8:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not a poll...it's a mathematical formula.***

Oct 6, 2015, 8:14 AM

Garbage in, garbage out. The formula is flawed. An attempt for ESPN to "look" impartial while using it to legitimize their SEC agenda. Just because I'm paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get us.

Re: It's not a poll...it's a mathematical formula.***

Oct 6, 2015, 8:21 AM

24-22 is my math.***

Oct 6, 2015, 9:55 AM [ in reply to It's not a poll...it's a mathematical formula.*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 8:15 AM

this type junk is so to be expected from the media but they cant erase that L of ND's. It is permanent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 8:30 AM

First, this is not a poll. It is a power index. And nobody knows what the hell criteria they used to come up with this index.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all garbage, but Tennessee at 15th?

Oct 6, 2015, 8:52 AM

That is just absurd.
They're 2 and 3, but I guess since they almost beat Florida who beat Ole Miss who beat Alabama that legitimizes a spot at the 15th "most powerful team" ranking.

Clemson is second in "Game Control"

Oct 6, 2015, 8:58 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/playoffPicture

only behind LSU.

And 4th in "Strength of Record"

Game Control - Reflects chance that an average Top 25 team would control games from start to end the way this team did, given the schedule.

SOR: Strength of record - Reflects chance that an average Top 25 team would have team's record or better, given the schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 9:04 AM

Georgia Tech is 22nd. Hilarious

Generally speaking it's not ridiculous for teams to be

Oct 6, 2015, 9:15 AM

ranked ahead of other teams that beat them nor is it ridiculous for some 1 loss teams to be ranked ahead of unbeaten teams (especially this early in the season). Head to head only represents 1 game, just 1 part of a much larger resume. On top of that, i think a mathematical formulas disregard head to head entirely. Some predictive models also discount actual wins and losses entirely as they aren't really needed to predict future results.

Re: Generally speaking it's not ridiculous for teams to be

Oct 6, 2015, 9:21 AM

At the end of the day SOS is always an opinion; I don't know why people bother to try to mathematically calculate it. Just expand the playoff to 8 and let the committee screw up the final 3 slots. I still can't believe college football crowned a champion based on a journalist poll for as long they did.

it's on its way, but assumption biased maff will still be

Oct 6, 2015, 9:25 AM

lurking somewhere, always, forever until they hunt down the witches, put them on trial for heresy then burn them at the stake.

i've got a match if someone forgot to bring one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always have a spare can of gas...***

Oct 6, 2015, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's on its way, but assumption biased maff will still be

Oct 6, 2015, 10:11 AM [ in reply to it's on its way, but assumption biased maff will still be ]

Power Five champs + 3 other Sec West Teams. I could live with that.

8 teams, with no more than 2 from any conference. No reason

Oct 6, 2015, 12:19 PM

to have more than 2 from a conference. The five P5 champs automatically in, Let the committee pick the other three and seed the 8 teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Generally speaking it's not ridiculous for teams to be

Oct 6, 2015, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Generally speaking it's not ridiculous for teams to be ]

Is my sarcasm meter busted or are you actually saying that Team A beating Team B ON THE FIELD does not mean that Team A is better than Team B?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic