Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I have mentioned this ad nauseum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,625

I know I have mentioned this ad nauseum

Apr 13, 2015, 8:07 PM

But feel compelled to mention again.

The Spring game was empty for me this year.

My father was huge on it, me not so much but he insisted I come every year.

I could not make it last year.

He passed away in October .

That haunts me .

I think time will heal, but time is not helping now.

Every spring game from now to eternity I will think of him .

It was his big deal. He knew all the players new and old. I just liked looking at the sun dresses .

I last saw him at the UGA game and that was special.

I am sure he was looking down on THE VALLEY Saturday .

Miss you Dad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post!

Apr 13, 2015, 8:11 PM

I lost my Dad a few months ago. Hope you're doing alright. I don't know you, but I might slightly relate.

Re: Good post!

Apr 13, 2015, 8:12 PM

Thanks, I hope you are doing okay as well.

Sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like a great Tiger...

Apr 13, 2015, 8:39 PM

...fan and I'm sure was a great Father. Thanks for sharing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Thank you . He was a huge Tiger

Apr 13, 2015, 8:44 PM

he actually played football at Wofford. But fell in love Clemson when we moved back to the upstate from Georgia .

Re: I know I have mentioned this ad nauseum

Apr 13, 2015, 9:40 PM

I feel sure your Dad never held that against you and fully understood why you could not go. And I bet he is looking down at you right now and yelling...don't do that to yourself and that you were a good son. I think he cherished every spring game with you and really didn't think anything about you missing one. Dad's are like that. He would not want you to feel bad. So, try to start healing for him. That is what he wants

WOW that is powerfull

Apr 13, 2015, 9:44 PM

I am in tears

During the Spring of 1988 I had a classmate who...

Apr 13, 2015, 9:57 PM

lost his father. He and I spent some time together in one of the labs at Lee Hall. I initiated a conversation with him about the loss of his father after I discovered the loss.

He's decided to continue with his studies and I suggested that's what his father would want. I'd lost my father when I was about his age so I understood exactly how he felt. We decided the worst part of an such an untimely loss was that there was no chance to apologize and reconcile any real or imagined offenses toward our dads.

I told him I had a son and that I knew exactly how a dad who had passed on would feel. If I died I'd hope my son understood that our love for one another superseded any differences we may have had. We wept together and in remembrances of our fathers I share this with you my friend.

If he were here he would tell you about all the games the two of you attended, the times you just watched TV and mention times you strongly disagreed only to tell you the fellowship between a father and son is immutable, that's forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: During the Spring of 1988 I had a classmate who...

Apr 14, 2015, 9:34 AM

Superseded any differences is spot on. Excellent post.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Apr 13, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I know I have mentioned this ad nauseum ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 13, 2015, 9:56 PM

It's a hard thing to say goodbye to someone you love. God bless you friend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same with my dad. Regular games were too much for him in

Apr 13, 2015, 10:05 PM

his later years, but we continued to go to the spring game for quite a few years when he was able. It always made him feel great just to get back to Clemson. He's been gone for almost 13 years now, but I always think about him when the spring game rolls around. Hang in there brother; time does heal. The sadness eases up considerably, but the good feelings will always be there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Same with my dad. Regular games were too much for him in

Apr 14, 2015, 12:49 PM

Same here. He had to use a walker and the crowds and the ADA bus became just too much .

Don't get me wrong, fellow Clemson fans were always courteous and very helpful .

It just became a grind.

You're dad has the best seat in the house now...

Apr 13, 2015, 11:04 PM

Time will heal.

Your* I can understand saying 'your' when you mean 'you're'

Apr 13, 2015, 11:09 PM

but purposefully inserting an apostrophe and throwing an e on the end for no reason is cause for concern...lol

Ah dude don't worry about it. Your dad is okay with you

Apr 14, 2015, 9:42 AM

missing that game. We just want our kids to be happy. Sure we like to hang out with them, but we understand when they have other things to do. You are old enough to understand this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that brought a flood of emotion.

Apr 14, 2015, 10:00 AM

Lost my Dad in the fall of 2012. Had attended all home games with him for 30 years. I miss him at every game and I'll never get over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 14, 2015, 6:31 PM

I get it. I lost my dad 3 years ago. I miss talking to him. Wasn't the best relationship growing up but it ended really well. He was wiser than I knew when I was a kid. It's life isn't it? We all go through it. Missing him will never go away, but the opposite of that is that I cherish the good times we had more everyday as well.

Thanks for sharing that tiger. Bless you and your family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excactly

Apr 14, 2015, 7:04 PM

You nailed it

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic