Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who do you think is the better coach, Ford or Swinney? I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1,926

Who do you think is the better coach, Ford or Swinney? I

May 21, 2014, 1:51 PM

was a teenager in the mid 80s and loved Ford and Clemson Football. I still do, but comparing the two; they both have had multiple 10 wins seasons and great recruiting classes. I favor Ford but the younger generation might favor Swinney. Swinney is more of a hooray type fellow and Ford was more of a get in your face type of guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i vote for ken hatfield or tommy west***

May 21, 2014, 1:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

^^^another reason women should've never been given the right***

May 21, 2014, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

women have suffraged for long enough***

May 21, 2014, 1:54 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

how long have you been dating the opposite sechts?***

May 21, 2014, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't date

May 21, 2014, 1:57 PM

i just keep a room in the pit occupied

it was a cover story; some here ask a lot of kweshtons...

May 21, 2014, 2:00 PM

they know who they are. i think they're with the feds.

i don't need no steenkin badges

May 21, 2014, 2:01 PM

i fear no tigernetters...dead or alive

you sayin the gubment looks in on us?

May 21, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to it was a cover story; some here ask a lot of kweshtons... ]

If so, I should delete my browser history.

see if you can unstick the delete button***

May 21, 2014, 2:03 PM

there are some that think crump/bmeist read out tmale...

May 21, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to you sayin the gubment looks in on us? ]

ever cautious, your next may be your last.

If that's the case, stick a spork in me I'm done

May 21, 2014, 2:08 PM

I could use some Anacin. Mind blown.

Well Hales Bales, it's the return of jonnyboy!!!

May 21, 2014, 1:56 PM [ in reply to i vote for ken hatfield or tommy west*** ]

This board is ruint now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

i'm bringing class and sophistication back***

May 21, 2014, 1:58 PM

Re: Well Hales Bales, it's the return of jonnyboy!!!

May 21, 2014, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Well Hales Bales, it's the return of jonnyboy!!! ]

Mispelled rurnt

tnet twice in a period of a week?

May 21, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to i vote for ken hatfield or tommy west*** ]

Crump isn't gonna like this

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: i vote for ken hatfield or tommy west***

May 22, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to i vote for ken hatfield or tommy west*** ]

Well, Hatfield compares to Dabo closely, with a winning percentage of 70% at Clemson to Dabo's 68%. They each have one ACC title, Hatfield in his second year, Dabo in his third. Hatfield was just as religious and spiritual as Dabo, but didn't play as well with the "good old boys" in Tigertown. I don't think he was trained as a salesman, so he probably didn't know exactly how to use catchy slogans and "heartfelt" pronouncements about Clemson to obtain a majority of fans' immediate and undying loyalty at his first press conference. Hatfield had done an amazing job at the Air Force Academy, and later at Arkansas, before leaving there because of Broyles' meddling, just as Danny would several years later.

Hatfield***

May 21, 2014, 1:52 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they both performed thier jobs superbly in the time frame in

May 21, 2014, 2:00 PM

which they held the job. Swinney could not do what he is doing now back in the 80's and Ford probably couldn't do as good of a job today (with the kids) he still is and always be a great coach.

oh wait a minute....my opinion doesn't matter on TigerNet

May 21, 2014, 2:02 PM

LOL

we need facts not opinions***

May 21, 2014, 2:02 PM

it IS a fact, I don't donate...but I've got a killer avitar!***

May 21, 2014, 2:10 PM

THANK YOU RAGTOP!!!!! Someone finally responded to the

May 21, 2014, 2:21 PM [ in reply to they both performed thier jobs superbly in the time frame in ]

question!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's hard to get a straight answer around here somtimes.....***

May 21, 2014, 2:31 PM

Re: Who do you think is the better coach, Ford or Swinney? I

May 21, 2014, 2:39 PM

I'm going to go with Danny Ford for three reasons.
1. National Championship
2. Longer period of success
3. Didn't lose to USuCk 5 in a row.

well said***

May 21, 2014, 3:25 PM

yes***

May 21, 2014, 2:41 PM

May 21, 2014, 2:54 PM

it's not serious Thursday, but Ford's teams played with an intensity that can only be dreamed about now in DV. Even at Arky, I've never seen an Arky team hit like those guys did when Ford was there. Those guys took no prisoners. Today? They act like they are afraid they might hurt somebody (or get hurt) if they hit them hard enough. JMO.

totally agree and I love the old school smash mouth style of

May 22, 2014, 6:12 AM

football but the game has changed from that, as much as I hate to admit it. There is a lot of running up and down the field and there's plenty of action but one of the best games I ever saw in my life had a final score of 2-0.

Ford for now but Swinney is building ...

May 21, 2014, 2:56 PM

In my last 3 yrs of Clemson, Ford lost two games. Hopefully, Swinney will accomplish that level in 2-3 yrs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too early***

May 21, 2014, 3:03 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Too early***

May 22, 2014, 8:55 AM

Danny Ford won 6 ACC titles in 11 years at the helm, plus a National Championship! This was part of that amazing run for Tiger football of 13 ACC titles in 36 years between 1956-1991. That works out to one title in less than every three years! Those were truly the golden years of Clemson football! Now Dabo has won more games in some years, but teams play 2-3 more games each year than they did even 10-15 years ago, so that is not a valid argument. I agree that it could be too early, if Dabo can win 5 more titles in the next 5 years, plus a NC! Otherwise, no rational fan can even attempt to compare Danny's record with Dabo's!

May 22, 2014, 8:48 AM

I think it is still too early to compare Dabo with Danny. Dabo is on his way. He has matured a lot. Continuity of the way our coaches are recruiting have Dabo in the running to being a very great coach.

Ford for sure, but I'm hoping Swinney passes him!***

May 22, 2014, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumbest question ever!

May 22, 2014, 9:07 AM

Anybody who thinks Dabo is anywhere near the caliber coach that Ford was is insane or knows nothing about football. Danny Fords teams were tough, physical football teams that intimidated people. Dabo has done a good job, but these last two teams couldn't touch Ford's best teams.

True, Ford and his staff seemed to have tougher teams in the

May 22, 2014, 12:59 PM

trenches, but there is also more talent and better coaching staffs spread all over the conference compared to how it was back then.

That's like asking who is better

May 22, 2014, 9:09 AM

God or Jesus.

Can't answer

Very true, but the Tigers still usually

May 22, 2014, 12:55 PM

p*$$ed a few away every year to supposedly inferior competition.

Ford had tougher teams in the trenches, that is true, but there is more talent and better coaching staffs spread all over the conference compared to how it was back then.

Ford had a very good staff too, and the Tigers seemed

May 22, 2014, 1:09 PM

to be tougher in the trenches, but like I said, the Tigers did seem to p*$$ some away to inferior programs. Fact remains that it is difficult to go undefeated, maybe more so now than it was back then.

But conferences have changed. There are better programs spread around with more talent and better coaching staffs.
We certainly won more conference championships back then, but the landscape of conferences and college football has changed so much too since then.

But I would have loved to see those teams take on Miami and FSU back then. Missed out on more years of some great football in the 90's.

I'm going to say Ford, but I don't think

May 22, 2014, 1:20 PM

either would thrive in the others environment. To me, Dabo has done a tremendous job and building and running a program. I just don't know how good he is at creating a game plan and actaully teaching football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1,926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic