Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Down goes Cantor. Down goes Cantor.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Down goes Cantor. Down goes Cantor.

Jun 10, 2014, 8:19 PM

Wow, Eric Cantor loses to Tea Party candidate. Interesting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

you can thank me. i voted for Brat***

Jun 10, 2014, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you***

Jun 10, 2014, 10:11 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you my fellow Virginian.***

Jun 11, 2014, 8:15 AM [ in reply to you can thank me. i voted for Brat*** ]

Re: Down goes Cantor. Down goes Cantor.

Jun 10, 2014, 8:25 PM

now if we can just get rid of Boehner, absolutely nothing will get done in congress.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fingers crossed***

Jun 10, 2014, 8:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Fingers crossed***

Jun 10, 2014, 8:46 PM

immigration reform can wait a couple more decades.

I thought Boehner was the bad guy?***

Jun 10, 2014, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Down goes Cantor. Down goes Cantor. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Boehner was the bad guy?***

Jun 11, 2014, 10:15 AM

I have never said that. A lot of Dems see him as being stuck between a rock and a bunch of crazy people.

First time I haven't voted in ages. Oh well *******

Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you live in richmond?***

Jun 10, 2014, 8:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lindsey ain't goin nowhere; Tim Scott either

Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 PM

U.S. Senate 2014 (R) - Primary 245 of 2206 Precincts Reporting
Lindsey Graham 24,879 64%
Lee Bright 4,475 11%
Det Bowers 2,826 7%
Richard Cash 2,644 7%
Nancy Mace 2,289 6%
Bill Connor 1,725 4%
Benjamin Dunn 385 1%

U.S. Senate (D) - Special Primary 256 of 2206 Precincts Reporting
Joyce Dickerson 8,600 68%
Sidney Moore 2,778 22%
Harry Pavilack 1,334 10%

U.S. Senate (R) - Special Primary 238 of 2206 Precincts Reporting
Tim Scott 34,418 90% W
Randall Young 3,620 10%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it ain't about bein the speaker in waiting, it's about

Jun 10, 2014, 8:40 PM

working for your district. All I can say is, either he really pissed off the locals, or that's one mighty conservative district.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as one who lives a mile from cantors house

Jun 10, 2014, 8:48 PM

He has pissed off the pubs here for the last 2-3 yes. He's a smug pure politician and has been labeled the worst u can label a conservative. A Rino. He is what is wrong with the pub party. Say one thing to get elected. Do another. We caught on to his act. Now if y'all would get smart in DC and get rid of Lindsey.

Re: as one who lives a mile from cantors house

Jun 10, 2014, 8:50 PM

I much prefer the tea party republicans that complain about taxes, but sit on their hands while collecting a 6 figure check in Washington.

as opposed to the lib who hates 1%ers

Jun 10, 2014, 8:55 PM

While making millions.

Re: as opposed to the lib who hates 1%ers

Jun 10, 2014, 8:59 PM

yet they vote outside their financial best interests.

So, more government regulation, more climate control crap

Jun 10, 2014, 9:12 PM

resulting in higher power bills, to name a couple, is in my financial best interest?

Re: So, more government regulation, more climate control crap

Jun 11, 2014, 4:45 AM

in the long run, yes.

How?***

Jun 11, 2014, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How?***

Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 AM

oil and coal aren't going to get any cheaper, especially with India and Asia putting 1/2 a billion new drivers on the road in the next couple of decades. And CLimate change will cost us more money down the road, although I think it is way too late to have any affect in our life time assuming we clean up our act.

So yes, making investments in renewable energy is in the long term best interest of all Americans.

Making investments in renewable energy is one thing

Jun 11, 2014, 10:32 AM

Regulating everything to death is another, and none of those regulations will have any impact on 'climate change', which is a bunch of B.S. anyway. Climate change certainly is going to cost us a lot of money, but not for the reasons you think.

And of course oil and coal aren't going to get any cheaper, especially when you regulate them out of the market, and refuse to invest in infrastructure for it. Renewable energy is best for everyone, but the reality is there isn't a viable option yet, other than nuclear, which many frown upon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuclear renwable

Jun 11, 2014, 10:36 AM

First off, Nuclear is not a renewable energy source.

In your life time, you will be driving an electric car, have solar panels, and see future city planning with a huge emphasis on public transportation. it is right around the corner, the debate we are seeingin washing is driven by fossil fuel dollars trying to delay this as long as possible. I mean it would not be a far stretch to see these industries fight for their financial best interests through mis information campaigns which you seem to have latched onto.

Maybe next time the scientific community will consult with you first, being that you already know all the answers.

How's the electricity for that car going to be generated?

Jun 11, 2014, 10:43 AM

Electric cars are, have been, and will continue to be a fad. They're not the future. I'm not against solar panels, if building a house, I'd consider adding them...But there's no way your going to power your electric car utopia with them, sorry.

By all means, y'all flock to your wonderful cities with public transportation, I won't be partaking in that. Not all of us want to live on top of each other, so again, not happening.

All of the man-made climate change is B.S., so no point in having a discussion with you if you've bought the scam hook, line, and sinker. When are those disasters and super storms supposed to start happening again? Are we waiting until next year now? Last I heard, the polar bears were doing alright, too.

As to nuclear, fair enough, maybe not renewable, but it is sustainable.

Re: How's the electricity for that car going to be generated?

Jun 11, 2014, 10:46 AM

right now, the same as electricy in your home, noted.

down the road, geo thermal is the most promising for industrial use, but there is enough wind and solar potential to meet all of our other energy needs.

Like I said, investments in these technologies now are in our best interest.

But if you are so sure of your self, go ahead dump your savings into companies building coal plants, I am sure that will build you a great retirement.

There will never be enough wind potential to meet all

Jun 11, 2014, 10:50 AM

of our energy needs, and solar panels aren't nearly efficient enough at this point to do so, either. And you can only use them in conjunction in certain areas, and aside from that, we don't have the technology to store the excess energy produced from them to make them a viable option. This is a total fantasy, as is your electric car dream.

You can invest in them all you want to, but wind and solar will NEVER meet all of our energy needs.

The gov't can't have it both ways regulating the utilities

Jun 11, 2014, 11:28 AM

It is true they are pushing solar... hard, and through regulation. They are also pushing reliability... hard, through regulation. They only way to have reliable power is to have a reliable source AND contingent sources. Wind doesn't exist everywhere, and solar IS NOT something that can run a city continuously.

Large power generation is what keeps the transmission grid alive. That's why when a certain region has more load than it generates, it keeps the lights on through trading. When you start removing generation from the grid and putting it in distributed spots, your transmission grid dissolves...yet FERC is drastically increasing transmission reliability requirements. However, if your solar panels and farms run everything just fine 350 days out of the year, then there would be NO funding to keep the contingent sources (transmission generation and grid) alive.

Solar can be relief but it is not the end-all be-all that utopia would suggest, unless the gov't believes 1930's power consistency is utopia.

Seriously?***

Jun 11, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: So, more government regulation, more climate control crap ]

Wow.***

Jun 10, 2014, 9:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

He puts the "can't" in Cantor.***

Jun 10, 2014, 9:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic