Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Product Reviews - Clothes from Walmart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 949

Product Reviews - Clothes from Walmart

Aug 26, 2020, 10:55 AM

Pair of George Straight brand Birkenstockish sandles

Apparently these aren't endorsed by the country music legend, hence the different spelling of the name. I bought these on a whim when I was considering getting back into the Birkenstock game... to see if I still enjoyed them. Spoiler alert, I did. I will from this point forward be known as RyanBirkenstock. These sandles looked pretty dang close to the real thing, but the construction is completely a joke. The leather straps are just glued on to the cork looking plastic and came unglued within 1 hour of wearing. I rigged them up with some nails to get me by. Actual Birkenstocks are on order. Do not reckomend.

Wrangler Carpenter Jean Shorts

Bought these because I needed some shorts. It was hot as hades outside and I didn't want to wear my work pants to football practice. These were like $8 and looked like some sweat ### American Eagle carpenter jorts I had back in middle/high school. I love them. Wife hates them. Win/Win. I highly recomend. The extra little pocket under the hammer loop is great for holding your phone.

Cheap black faux-leather work belt
Tired of getting grease all over my Columbia belts at work, so I bought the plain thick/black belt. It matches great with my blue work pants/shirts. The belt cost like $5 or so... Since buying, I've dropped about 40lbs, and have added about 3 belt holes. Since the belt is cheap faux leather, the holes were easy to punch. The buckle completely fell apart today, though. I was able to fix it, but I was pretty disappointed.

TLDR: Walmart clothes are cheap for a reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Hold up

Aug 26, 2020, 10:57 AM

you wear jorts to football practice?

now I see why you and FBCoach are buds

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called Rural-Chic.***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:01 AM

Re: Hold up

Aug 26, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Hold up ]

I couldn’t go on after that either. A pair of MF Walmart carpenter jorts??? Bonus trash points if they go below the knee.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

above the knee. They're fairly short, so I can get that

Aug 26, 2020, 2:19 PM

knee cap tan.

Jean shorts

Aug 26, 2020, 11:07 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well sometimes

Aug 26, 2020, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I buy the button down shirts for yard work duty

Aug 26, 2020, 11:08 AM

If I don't have any old PFG shirts that I'm willing to sacrifice the sleeves on yet.

The material is not breathable at all, but it's robust and protects your torso nicely from rocks, mulch, and other debris the weedeater kicks up. Obviously I also cut the sleeves off, and even will add some slits in the back for more ventilation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All that was missing from this post to make it the

Aug 26, 2020, 11:13 AM

best Lakebum1® post ever, was mentioning Keystone, subhumans on pontoons and a fist fight

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do you do it like Larry the Cable guy?

Aug 26, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to I buy the button down shirts for yard work duty ]

or do you have the fringe tassels on the sleeves like Randy Savage, Duayne Allman, or Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider?

I don't even know where to start here

Aug 26, 2020, 11:14 AM

First of all, cloths at Wal-mart? Wat in the absoute ####### feeyuck? Socks or underwear, yeah I can understand that. But pants, or shorts (jorts...we'll touch on that later) or much less SHOES??? Dood, you can get far better #### at Shoe carnival if you're that desperate. They might even let you spin the wheel O poors before you leave if you're nice.

On to the Firkenstocks. First of all, buying shoes in Wal-Mart is just stoopid, unless it's like bedroom shoes or something else you don't want people to see.

The belt. If you've done messed up a nicer belt at work, why wouldn't you just keep wearing the ###### up ones to work?

The jorts. JORTS???!!??????? If you're wondering why your old lady won't sex you, might want to start here. On top of that, Carpenter jorts? I didn't know they even still made carpenter style. That style went out at the turn of the century brah.

Finally, no matter how cheap the cloths are, how in the absolute #### have you torn up all this #### already. Broken belt buckle? Unglued the shoe in an hour? What the #### are you doing in life?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you spend some time talking about the actual shopping

Aug 26, 2020, 11:15 AM

experience in the clothes section of Wal-Mart? What range of feelings do you experience when you pick up a pair of shorts and hold them up to your waist, and nod in silent approval to yourself?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a woman remember, so you skipped the part where he

Aug 26, 2020, 11:17 AM

rubs the fabric in his hand before he picked it up and held it to his waist for approval.

Is that Cashmere?

Aug 26, 2020, 11:22 AM

Re: Can you spend some time talking about the actual shopping

Aug 26, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Can you spend some time talking about the actual shopping ]

The George Straights were bought at the same time as the carpenter jorts.

I had had a few after work bourbons and realized that I didn't have time to change out of my work uniforms (NFPA70E rated long pants and long sleeve shirt... Hot AF) before football practice. I had to run to Walmart to get chicken livers for my Trotline and a SD card for my trail camera, so I said, "heck, I should grab a cheap o pair of sandles and a pair of shorts so I don't have to be so hot at football." I saw the George Straigts and got sentimental about my old birkenstock days, so I grabbed them. Less than $10. Easy decision. I went to grab a pair of offbrand gym shorts, but the carpenter jorts caught my eye. I have a million pair of gym shorts, but no carpenter pants. Again, the price was right, so I pult the trigger.

I bought the belt a year or so ago and it was fine up until the point where the buckle busted.

Any interactions with other Wal-Mart clothes shoppers?

Aug 26, 2020, 11:26 AM

Eye contact? Knowing nods? "Get those, I have 3 pairs mahself"? Disapproving stares from Wal-Mart food shoppers, which are probably worse if we're being honest?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I keep my head down, do my bidness, and GTFO***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:27 AM

you wear Birkenstocks? w the actual f?***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood, picture this. Birkinstocks, carpenter jorts, a belt

Aug 26, 2020, 11:21 AM

with 4 extra holes in it that he's running round his waist 1 and a half times (or ties it in a nice knot at the left pocket, and probably some dirty beat up t-shirt.

Imagine if this was your dad taking you to school and picking you up from practice.

Yea, that kid better learn how to be mean and fight.

Aug 26, 2020, 11:23 AM

Which is my main goal.

Coulda just named him Sue***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:23 AM

He's not getting off that easy.***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:24 AM

HOW DO YOU DO?***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Coulda just named him Sue*** ]

I like to mix it up.

Aug 26, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Dood, picture this. Birkinstocks, carpenter jorts, a belt ]

Last night I wore a baby blue Columbia PPG short sleeve shirt, a pair of columbia kacki shorts with a 6" inseam, and a nice pair of shoes.

Today maybe its a sleeveless tiedied shirt I found in the lot after a Dead and Company concert and some Lexington High school PE shorts and barefoot...

My attire depends heavily on my mood at the time.

i hear Walmart sells these. you might like

Aug 26, 2020, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrapped around the waist? Nah, playa.

Aug 26, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Dood, picture this. Birkinstocks, carpenter jorts, a belt ]

It gets the girls focusing on your hang-low

Aug 26, 2020, 11:37 AM

That's what it's all about.

I think we determined yesterday that there are more Birk

Aug 26, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to you wear Birkenstocks? w the actual f?*** ]

wearers here than not.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bonobos is now owned by walmart

Aug 26, 2020, 11:31 AM

i believe. their pants and shorts are pretty sweet and worth a try. they're the only brand that offers golf shorts that allow you to also tan the knee caps

I got a pair of shoes there for cutting the

Aug 26, 2020, 11:32 AM

grass and for when we go on light hikes that don't require much of shoes. They have done their job but sure seemed to get slick on the bottom real fast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who buys jean short?

Aug 26, 2020, 11:49 AM

Just make some out of your old jeans. Even cheaper, quite a bit sexier, and you embarrass your family even more.

Sauce: Greenr has two pair in rotation during the summer.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you, and have quite a few myself, including a nice

Aug 26, 2020, 12:14 PM

little pair I made out of some extremely worn Wranglers that I cut off with a pair of dikes when I got hot working on our cabin at the river. I blew the crotch piece out of those, though and had to can them. The others were way too big thanks to my weight loss and had to be tossed.

Plus, that hammer loop is *chef's kiss*.

my entire Walmart clothes shopping routine is this......

Aug 26, 2020, 12:40 PM

on the rare occasion I am in there to purchase something (usually motor oil or a clothes hamper or shoelaces):

Stroll by jeans rack, see if any Wrangler dungarees in my size are marked down to $10 or less.
Stroll by underwear rack, see if any Hanes/FofTL boxers in my size are marked down to $2/pair or less.
Identified/lured by bright yellow stickers. No see yellow stickers, no look.

If so, may or may not purchase, according to mood/whim. No other brand or item is ever even momentarily scanned.

That's it for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been using a strap from my boat cover as a belt

Aug 26, 2020, 1:15 PM

Its got a heavy duty snap thingy and sorta looks like below, and it doesn't seem to matter if it gets salt water, fresh water or beer on it. I haven't gotten any vomit on it yet though to test that.

That's a slightly more modern version of:

Aug 26, 2020, 1:17 PM

I like to call it "arrogantly chic", 'cause if someone

Aug 26, 2020, 1:19 PM

says something to me about it, well, fsck them.

Incidentally, its a little more heavy duty than the belt that came with a couple pair of PFG shorts I have.

Oh my sweet summer child

Aug 26, 2020, 1:24 PM

anything under normal clothes is fine.

Or #### you don't mind going through a couple of times a month.

My waterproof low cut boots I wear to facebook practice came from walmart.

Here's a tip in the shoe department. If somebody is passing you, hold your breath or you'll smell crusty crotch. Also, don't look them in the eye or your penor will go inside you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Product Reviews - Clothes from Walmart

Aug 26, 2020, 1:53 PM

This whole thread is hands down the single UDPest thing I’ve ever read. Here I thought this place was an exclusive forum for like minded oligarchs and titans of industry.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how times have changed isn't it?***

Aug 26, 2020, 1:58 PM

Could you find a more convoluted way to word that sentence?***

Aug 26, 2020, 2:21 PM

Replies: 39
| visibility 949
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic