Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't think Dabo and coaches have heard the last of...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Don't think Dabo and coaches have heard the last of...

Oct 16, 2017, 8:37 AM

his/their decision to keep KB in the game hobbling around. I read a postgame article on here that was clear he made the decision to start him, and I don't question that since he was mobile and the gameplan was changed not to run him... we were passing well in the 1st quarter and our RBs were moving the ball.

And Dabo has proven he is not afraid to sit a star and play the next man up when it comes to discipline. I just don't understand what they did NOT see that everyone else could when Bryant came up limping BAD on the earlier series. At that point, he could neither escape nor make good throws when trying to plant his feet - he's "useless". And more importantly, I think coaches like Kirby Smart, Mushump, and others will be quick to use it in recruiting star players on offense that get the ball.

I'm over the loss - we stunk it up in all facets of the game. We are going to get everyone's best, and we are not going to win every game. But, for as long as KB hobbled around that field in the 2nd quarter, I still don't understand why he remained in the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't think Dabo and coaches have heard the last of...

Oct 16, 2017, 8:41 AM

I'm with you about 2nd qtr. We have enough talent we should have been able to win w Cooper and if fact could have with a field goal being hit instead of duck hooked out of bounds

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 8:47 AM

The lack of a dependable kicker is a big concern. I agree, KB should have been taken out when he began limping. With the playing time ZC and HJ were getting, that would have been the better option. But, I am just a fan and not an expert by any means.

We're doomed because of Dabo's selfishness***

Oct 16, 2017, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that is what you read into the OP,

Oct 16, 2017, 8:47 AM

you might want to go back to school. I can understand coming from a teenager, but would have thought someone at least 49 yrs old would have a little more intelligence about themselves.

so what is it about the OP?

Oct 16, 2017, 8:52 AM

Are you suggesting that playing Bryant while he was hurting will be an effective recruiting tool used against us in the future? My opinion is that is silly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am saying coaches will tell kids and parents that...

Oct 16, 2017, 9:02 AM

Dabo doesn't use good judgement to protect the kids. I'm not saying I agree with the angle as I KNOW Dabo cares about the players, but REALLY stupid things are used in the recruiting process. For some parents, their star kid is their ticket to millions of $.

When have you EVER seen a QB remain in the game when hobbling around as much as KB was on the series he got hurt?

And I'm saying that angle will....

Oct 16, 2017, 9:06 AM

affect exactly zero recruit's decision.

I have no proof of that, but I feel pretty sure that they were in Kelly's ear every time he came to the sideline asking how he felt, just based on who I know Dabo to be.

Re: And I'm saying that angle will....

Oct 16, 2017, 9:11 AM

Come on franc, don't you remember how letting Deshaun play on a torn ACL tanked our recruiting? We don't want that to happen again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

So you are saying that REGARDLESS of a player's

Oct 16, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to And I'm saying that angle will.... ]

injury and how it is impacting his performance, if he is #1 on the depth chart and "says" he is "fine", a coach should simply keep him in the game?

#### there are some stupid@$$ people on this board.

If that is what you read into the reply,

Oct 16, 2017, 9:20 AM

you need to go back to school.

franc's seemed a more than intelligent answer to your why...

Oct 16, 2017, 8:54 AM [ in reply to If that is what you read into the OP, ]

unless you weren't looking for answers as to you "just not understanding"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read the op.. I'll sum it up

Oct 16, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to If that is what you read into the OP, ]

I watched the game, I'm smarter than dabo. He dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It's why girls don't play the game...***

Oct 16, 2017, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's why girls don't play the game...***

Oct 16, 2017, 8:58 AM

Too late all the "coots" are out..

Oct 16, 2017, 8:59 AM [ in reply to It's why girls don't play the game...*** ]

Been a lot of talk about our FG kicker and tons of suggestions, here's one that I haven't seen thrown out yet. We get Coach Penley to come over and work with him on his hooks and slices!

Oct 16, 2017, 9:08 AM

He's been all hooks to this point . Perhaps the solution is that his left arm is flying out on the backswing ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 16, 2017, 9:24 AM

Dabos living the dream right now ;)

Message was edited by: erm1981

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic