Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LPCOD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 765

LPCOD

Aug 31, 2020, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: LPCOD

Aug 31, 2020, 12:33 PM

Those were pretty funny. Did the cartoonist purchase the legalinsurrection.com domain back in the Tea Party days when the idea of an uprising against government was awesome?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

So glad those Tea Party riots are done with.***

Aug 31, 2020, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't they favor Second Amendment solutions?

Aug 31, 2020, 12:50 PM

Pretty sure that's where I heard the phrase. It was way before Trump in 2016 suggesting the murder of Hillary Clinton.

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

Hahaha, get it? Hmm, when did violent uprisings become undesirable? Trying to figure out what changed...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

You been gettin triggered a lot lately***

Aug 31, 2020, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha, triggered, I see what you did there***

Aug 31, 2020, 2:26 PM

- Jonathan Swift

I called it a few weeks ago that they'd start pretending

Aug 31, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to So glad those Tea Party riots are done with.*** ]

like the 2020 riots were basically the same thing as the Tea Party. Granted, I did think it would take a few years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, just living out the message. Second Amendment remedies.***

Aug 31, 2020, 2:27 PM

- Jonathan Swift

How many businesses did the Tea Party burn?

Aug 31, 2020, 2:43 PM

How many millions of $$ worth of damage did they cause?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, they're bearing arms wrong?

Aug 31, 2020, 3:01 PM

I thought the weapons were for violence and destruction. What sorts of weapons-based activities are proper Second Amendment solutions?

- Jonathan Swift

Is not being on the right side of history anymore starting

Aug 31, 2020, 3:08 PM

to stress you out or something? It's OK, I would be disappointed too if I thought I were on the tolerant and peaceful side and it turned out to be anything but.

Dodging the question? Probably the safest move you have. :)

Aug 31, 2020, 3:10 PM

Otherwise you're caught between multiple unpleasant logical conclusions.

P.S. I'm opposed to anyone burning down businesses, but then again I don't believe in Second Amendment solutions like some people do.

- Jonathan Swift

Well you completely dodged mine, so I figured it was fair

Aug 31, 2020, 3:17 PM

play. How much property/physical damage did those Second Amendment solution people cause?

Re: Well you completely dodged mine, so I figured it was fair

Aug 31, 2020, 4:18 PM

Fair enough. OK, I'll go first. I don't know the answer to your question.

So, what's your answer to my question? What sorts of weapons-based activities are proper Second Amendment solutions? (Highly recommend you dodge again.)

- Jonathan Swift

Protesting proposed gun laws by marching armed on

Aug 31, 2020, 5:29 PM

The state capital comes to mind, there were some armed protests in Michigan this year, too over COVID restrictions. No businesses burned, no innocent people beaten. Of course they were labeled as radical terrorists. Unlike the people you’re low key making excuses for.

Thanks, good answer.

Aug 31, 2020, 10:55 PM

Although it's odd you say I'm "making excuses" for people when I actually said I'm opposed to anyone burning down businesses. Maybe it's because you've decided in advance that I support violence when actually I'm just pointing what hypocrites Second-Amendment-remedies people are.

Not you, though. Your answer conveniently distances yourself from those hypocrites.

- Jonathan Swift

Your attempt to point it out is a pretty transparent

Sep 1, 2020, 10:25 AM

deflection, though. Businesses burned and looted, innocent people beaten across several major U.S. cities....and you want to talk about how the Tea Party were hypocrites regarding the second amendment? Kind of bizarre, no?

You think it's just the Tea Party?

Sep 1, 2020, 11:15 AM

Weird, I've been hearing this justification for the Second Amendment throughout most of my time on this planet. Are you from elsewhere?

- Jonathan Swift

You're taking a Donald Trump quote and equating it

Aug 31, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Oh, they're bearing arms wrong? ]

to a political movement 10 years ago that he was no part of, and frankly many in it want no part of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, the "Second Amendment solutions" line is from Tea Party

Aug 31, 2020, 4:34 PM

days.

Ah, the quote I was thinking of was "Second Amendment remedies." Sharron Angle.

But yes, Trump also referred to "Second Amendment people," which seems like the same idea.

It's a pretty popular idea, bearing arms, solving political problems with violence. Somehow not so attractive now for some reason.

Just to clarify, I'm not in favor of Second Amendment solutions no matter who proposes them. That means it was a bad idea in 2010, in 2016, and now.

- Jonathan Swift

Aug 31, 2020, 12:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly original joke.

Aug 31, 2020, 12:43 PM

Credit where credit is due: it is effective.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, wait... wasn't it Stacey Abrams who came up with that

Aug 31, 2020, 1:59 PM

joke?

You know, the "mostly-a-Governor" Governor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I giggled...***

Aug 31, 2020, 4:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 5:07 PM

spooneye®'s response is revealing of the typical liberal way of thinking.

He believes he remembers more than a decade ago someone in a conservative movement making a reference about violence.

Regardless that there never was violence, he still equates that "badness" with the same "badness" of today with dozens of people killed and $100s of millions in damages from left-wing rioters.

On an objective scale, the tea party thing is a 1 and we are watching 10 before us now. The people that remain with common sense can tell the difference between 1 and 10...the liberal zealots cannot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the shout out!

But no. It's not about what someone said a decade ago, it's about what we've been hearing forever about the Constitutional importance of the people being able to take up arms against the government if they feel it is necessary.

The Tea Party is a good example of it, but if you think it's the only time we've heard that line, then you're maybe from another planet.

So you're distracting yourself with my offhand reference to the Tea Party. I'm talking about the justification for the Second Amendment and the value certain people put on the ability to use violence against the government.

I was noticing that "legalinsurrection.com" probably reflects that ideology.

- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 25
| visibility 765
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic