Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the sake of argument... what if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

For the sake of argument... what if

Feb 11, 2018, 10:11 AM

TL (or anyone else for that matter) just balls out and wins the starting QB job. (not likely but not impossible either)

What happens to KB? He's just too good to bench... to good to be a backup. So what would the coaches do with such a talent? Where would he fit? Is he a good enough runner to claim a position in our RB rotation? Although a good passing RB would be an interesting twist.

It could be a good reason to consider a situational QB rotation... even tho it is not well thought of around here. I'm not a big fan of that either. But, what if... ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the sake of argument... what if

Feb 11, 2018, 10:20 AM

He could play a role just like the former starter at Louisville did
behind their Heisman QB...Kb actually could play a larger role as
a rb in certain situations, a receiver and a qb..KB is very talented
but doubt he goes to NFL as a QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 10:27 AM

He becomes a safety

Feb 11, 2018, 10:33 AM

Only position is WR like the poster who mentioned Bonnafin from UL. Should know the routes for the most part, move to safety not happening with no offseason prep on last year.

I prefer situational QB on short yardage and red zone packages similar to Texas a few years back. You know he’s gonna run it but can you stop it? (Bama not included, apparently they can)

KB sees this as a slight to him; however, I believe he has

Feb 11, 2018, 10:35 AM

start learning a new position if he wants to make it to the NFL. He has so much talent

Julian Edelman, Ronald Curry, Matt Jones, Josh Cribbs, Antwaan Randle El, Denard Robinson, and Braxton Miller just to name a few have all done it and had a great career in the NFL.

Sure he got the job done, but he was not in the top 40 in passing yards, pass per attempt he was ranked 78th, and his 13 TD passes ranked him 86 with SDSU's QB.

I would love for him to make me 100% wrong, and go out there and be a gun slinger and be a top 3-5 QB, but I do not see it happening. I would love for him to succeed, and think he has a better chance of doing that at a different position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB's 40 is slower than HJ - KB is shifty but not a RB***

Feb 11, 2018, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't overthink this. He would be the backup QB.

Feb 11, 2018, 1:24 PM

You don't put your backup QB out there at RB or something to get banged up and injured. If whoever beat him out for the starting job got hurt, you want Bryant healthy and available to come in off the bench. Perhaps the Cuse loss could've been avoided if we had another Bryant-level QB to throw in there for that game.

Also, Bryant hasn't been an electric runner by any means

Feb 11, 2018, 1:31 PM

I don't see him being valuable at another position in the NFL. Where are you going to put him? He's not a RB. He's too big and not quick enough to play in the slot. He's not enough to play TE. He's more the size of a prototypical big-body, jump ball, type of WR, but he has no experience. Those guys need to have elite hands, body control, timing, etc.

I think he's a long shot to play anywhere at the next level.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic