Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't know the answer to this....But why is Monte Lee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Don't know the answer to this....But why is Monte Lee

Jun 15, 2015, 9:57 AM

considered to be a great coach? I don't follow college baseball that closely, and I'm just looking at records here, but it seems like College of Charleston actually fared better in the 5 years prior to him joining than in his 7 years there.

In the 5 years before Lee, the Cougars had a record of 219-87 overall (.716), and in the SoCon they were 111-30 (.787). They also won 3 SoCon Regular Season titles, 1 SoCon Tournament title, and they made the postseason 3 times, with 2 regional and 1 super regional appearances.

In the 7 years of Monte Lee, the Cougars had a record of 276-145 (.656), and in the SoCon they were 96-53 (.644). They joined the CAA in 2014 and have a better record of 36-9 there (.800), and overall they've won 2 regular season titles (1 SoCon and 1 CAA) and 1 tournament title (CAA) under Lee. They've also made the postseason 4 times, with 3 regional and 1 super regional appearances.

Overall though, it looks like there was slight regression under Monte Lee compared to the 5 years prior to him being there. The overall record and SoCon records both dropped compared to the 5 year run they were on beforehand.

Was the 5-year run College of Charleston was on before Lee hopped onboard just unsustainable for anyone. Was it impossible for them to take the next step no matter who the coach was? Anyone with some perspective here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not against Lee but would rather have

Jun 15, 2015, 10:02 AM

Uva's asst imo. Or even the Md coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not against Lee but would rather have

Jun 15, 2015, 10:05 AM

I just posted about this. McMullan supposedly ruled out because he wants too much for his staff according to another site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know the answer to this....But why is Monte Lee

Jun 15, 2015, 10:02 AM

This is why I am skeptical of the Lee hire. I do think he is a quality coach but I am not sure he has really proven himself yet. Now I think the run CofC was on would have been hard to sustain, but that run also elevated them to a point where they had an increased talent pool to recruit from. The ties to the state and rumor he will keep LeCroy do make him a more attractive hire, but I don't think we need to start the parade right away.

null

There will be a parade??

Jun 15, 2015, 10:06 AM

I has the excitement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: There will be a parade??

Jun 15, 2015, 10:08 AM

You already have a set of shoulders to stand on?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you volunteering ? Sounds like you're volunteering.***

Jun 15, 2015, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Are you volunteering ? Sounds like you're volunteering.***

Jun 15, 2015, 10:36 AM

I have a soft spot for the vertically challenged.

Soft

Jun 15, 2015, 10:37 AM

is not what bob wants to hear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Are you bringing the ticker take?***

Jun 15, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to There will be a parade?? ]

There have been some classic faux pas here, some by me, but

Jun 15, 2015, 10:45 AM

that was classic! Especially since he actually though it was ticker "take".

Point

null

College of Charleston will have a better baseball team than Clemson next year.***

Jun 15, 2015, 10:38 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Yep! no matter who we hire, next year is going to be a

Jun 15, 2015, 11:07 AM

challenge.

Re: Yep! no matter who we hire, next year is going to be a

Jun 15, 2015, 12:12 PM

Don't bring up facts, the Monte supporters are scared the coots may scoop him up...that's what they're resorting to now. Look at cofc's success with assistant Matt Heath and you'll have your answer to why Monte has not improved cofc's program.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic