Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think bama's offense is better than last year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Do you think bama's offense is better than last year?

Jan 1, 2017, 9:35 PM

They have a dual threat qb which has hurt us in the past. Not sure about his passing ability as i have not watched much Bama games this year. From what I've seen, it's seems to me they resemble Ohio states offense. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think bama's offense is better than last year?

Jan 1, 2017, 9:37 PM

no

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 1, 2017, 9:52 PM

Agreed, Hurts is not that accurate and is searching when pressured. Pressing is more easily obtained, with the O-Line lacking depth. Scarborough is not as polished as Henry was. Not sure about the WRs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no.

Jan 1, 2017, 9:37 PM

you're welcome.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's even close.

Jan 1, 2017, 9:46 PM

Go Tigers!!

No.***

Jan 1, 2017, 9:53 PM

Jan 1, 2017, 9:57 PM

Their O is fine against weak defenses, and very explosive. But when they played decent defenses, they tend to score very little. I'm guessing they score 24 or less.

On the other hand, we will score at least 27. so there's that. They should just mail it in.

No, but they are more versatile. RB is just as good as Henry***

Jan 1, 2017, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely........................NOT.***

Jan 1, 2017, 10:02 PM

NOOO. Hurts is NOT a dual threat QB.

Jan 1, 2017, 10:04 PM

He is a RB that throws the ball sometimes. He is a worse version of Lame-r Jackson. Our DL is going to be all over him.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 1, 2017, 10:07 PM

No. They're basically OSU on offense with a better RB & not quite as good QB. Ridley at WR is real and if given time Hurts can get the ball to him. The biggest thing with Hurts is the designed power runs for him and his scrambling ability.

Absolutely not. Their defense may be better than last year but that remains to be seen

Jan 1, 2017, 10:08 PM

with the competition they've played this year. SEC = no pulse on offense

Statistically they are considerably better.

Jan 1, 2017, 10:26 PM

In 2015 they averaged 427 yds/game (45th) then in 2016 they're averaging 461 yds/game (31st). That's relatively a big jump.

In 2016 they had 2999 rush yards and 3407 pass yards (5.9 yds/play) then so far in 2016 they pretty much flipped the numbers at 3454 rush yards and 2999 pass yards (6.52 yds/play).

In 2015 Alabama scored 35 pts/game (30th) while in 2016 they're scoring 39.4 pts/game (14th). Interestingly, at 14th they are one spot behind us. We averaged 39.5 pts/game. That's right, one-tenth of a point higher than Alabama.

Ohio State and Alabama are statistically very similar, but I'm not sure why anyone would say Alabama's offense isn't better this year than last.

Because the SEC is average at best.

Jan 1, 2017, 10:31 PM

It's Bama and then everyone else. When they played a decent, not great defense in the Washington game, Bama's Offense looked dismal. So yes, Bama's offense is NOT as good as it was last year. Their QB is not as good, their RB is not as good. Their Defense which racked up stats against pi$$ poor SEC offenses that didn't have decent QB's is not as deep as it was last year.

The only way you would have an argument is if you could

Jan 2, 2017, 12:21 AM

prove they played lesser defenses this year. Otherwise it's simple - their offense was significantly better this year.

Their QB is the 4-5th Best We Have Faced All Year***

Jan 1, 2017, 10:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I don't. Hurts reminds me a lot of Barrett.

Jan 1, 2017, 11:50 PM

Talented athlete, and can make plays with feet and occasionally throws good passes, but is inconsistent. I expect that our pressure will really rattle him, just as it did Barrett last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic