Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Loungers: Do you have a "bug-out" bag?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 544

Loungers: Do you have a "bug-out" bag?

Oct 27, 2020, 11:16 AM

Buddy of mine talks about his constantly. Says he has everything he needs for him, his wife, and his daughter should #### go down (never said what said #### is) to survive on the run for 3 months.

Apparently I'm suppose to make sure his cat is fed during the apocalypse in exchange for some jerky.

Are any of yall paranoid creeps with bug out bags heading west?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Ummmm nah.

Oct 27, 2020, 11:21 AM

I don't do sketchy things that would require me to be on the run for 3+ months.

I do have a lot of TP thought.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he say jerky? Or was it more like

Oct 27, 2020, 11:36 AM

jerky jerky, followed by a wink??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way

Oct 27, 2020, 11:39 AM

That kitty is getting taken care of

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I have a whole house in the middle of the woods

Oct 27, 2020, 11:37 AM

off grid that has all of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

no***

Oct 27, 2020, 11:41 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would I need that? Where the eff am I going?

Oct 27, 2020, 11:44 AM

"out west"? Clemson is "out west" enough, and they have hotels and stores there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'll just hop on my Cesna Citation and head towards Cuba***

Oct 27, 2020, 11:57 AM

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I think I'll just cache weapons, ammo, beer and maybe some

Oct 27, 2020, 12:11 PM

cash on an island somewhere and head that way on the boat if things get sporty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah

Oct 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

About 30 rounds of 00 buck, which would be nothing if it came to that, but they'd be nice to have in a pinch. A first aid kit. Flashlights and batteries. Solar-powered phone charger (works pretty well). Water purification tablets. Compass, map, binoculars. Tons of matches and fire starters. About 6 knives in varying sizes and styles. A machete. Paracord, zip ties, duck tape.

It's actually not just 1 back. It's a backpack + a shoulder carry + another little "satchel" lol.

This is all left over from my tentdwelling days. Not really accumulated much over the years.

nah, my home is perfectly designed to hole up

Oct 27, 2020, 1:17 PM

barring a disaster at Oconee Nuclear Plant wiping out the 20-mile radius (I'm screwed in that scenario), I'm good setting still. Old man who built my house was evidently a prepper. On a peninsula surrounded on 3 sides by water - one way in/out by land. Got fruit trees all over my 5 acres. Got a pond full of fish (plus Lake Keowee), and chickens producing plenty o'eggs. Deer, rabbit, squirrel everywhere and plenty of ammo. I'm set for months without stepping off my property without even lifting a finger to plan/prep.

Couple three months, the city/suburban people will have killed each other off. The Apple addicts wouldn't make it through the first weekend, totally incapacitated after the cell phones and internet go out, and the rest of the hipsters, vegans, and professional protesters will off each other trying to become kings of the Starbucks and Sam's Clubs. What was that Seattle Antifa settlement, the Chaz? That's an accurate preview.

That'll leave the bounty of the land to the rest of us in 6 months.

Kinda looking forward to it happening - we could use a reboot.

Didn't know Muschamp was on the board***

Oct 27, 2020, 1:20 PM

My grandfather had a refrigerator and canned goods in

Oct 27, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to nah, my home is perfectly designed to hole up ]

his basement. He was prepped for WW3 with the commie ########. Never happened.

I have 43 guns, and several thousand rounds of ammo. Enough to fight off the zombies, and still have enough to kill deer, squirrels, turkey, raccoons, alligators, doves, ducks, and rattlesnakes. All of which I've eaten and then some. Think my wife would starve to death though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If i need several thousand rounds of anything to survive,

Oct 27, 2020, 3:16 PM

there won't be anything left standing around me.

If you're a decent shot, what do you need that much ammo for? How much of a firefight would you have to be in to use that much? there would have to be at least a half dozen people shooting at whatever domicile I'm in to for me to not be able to take them all out in a kill zone. With that many people shooting at whatever structure I'm in, it will be a shot up mess before I get taken out.

Well, when Hillary takes guns and ammo, he can give away

Oct 27, 2020, 3:47 PM

half and still have 1000+ rounds of ammo and 20ish guns.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All my guns and ammo were lost in a boating accident***

Oct 27, 2020, 3:48 PM

Can't remember if we've talked about this before, but the

Oct 27, 2020, 4:41 PM

same thing happened to me.

That's wild.

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Nope.***

Oct 27, 2020, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF they close schools again, that doesn't sound like a bad

Oct 27, 2020, 3:35 PM

plan.

They can fend for themselves.

This buddy of yours........

Oct 27, 2020, 3:37 PM

did he also say "hypothetically, there may be an external hard drive hidden above the basement drop ceiling. I want you to smash it with a hammer and then burn the rubble."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loungers: Do you have a "bug-out" bag?

Oct 27, 2020, 3:51 PM

Eh, not really. We have an established family rallying point in the event that communications go down and there is civil unrest.

The closest I came to packing for apocalypse was a few years ago when Matthew was supposed to be a dead on strike on Charleston. I sent my wife and infant at the time to be with the family while I had to work in the hospital. Was fully prepared for Charleston to go full post-Katrina NO. I had my 9mm in my work bag in the event I had to fight back to the parking garage with my ARs, kevlar, waders, 10 extra gallons of gas in the car to be able to fight my way across the ravenel bridge and get to hwy 41 to backroad it up to the rally point.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have a stay home bag***

Oct 27, 2020, 3:57 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but a great way for you to waste money

Oct 27, 2020, 4:42 PM

which is your penchant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 544
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic