Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun shouldn't have said what he said about being the best qb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Deshaun shouldn't have said what he said about being the best qb

Dec 21, 2016, 6:49 PM

There's nothing to gain by doing so. All he did was give the Ohio St D some bulletin board material. OK back-up QB called their defense basic and you saw what happened there. I'm not saying that they're going to steamroll us as well, but it gives them more motivation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun shouldn't have said what he said about being the best qb

Dec 21, 2016, 6:52 PM

If that is enough to motivate the Ohio St D to beat us then we were going to lose anyway. I think you're reading into this way too much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 6:55 PM

Shut up. He has said this all year. He states every player should feel they are the best player. He didn't say anything negative about Ohio state. Go back to your fgf page.

Dec 21, 2016, 7:02 PM

Its hilarious when someone that's been a member for only a few months calls someone who's been a member for ten years a coot, or tells them to "go to their fgf page" just because they don't agree with their opinion. If there's any doubt about someone being a coot, it's you man. Maybe you should shut up next time.

Dec 21, 2016, 7:32 PM

You can shut up too. You are one of the ones that post stuff like, well we lost this game two minutes into the 4th quarter when we are losing by 8 points to Louisville.

Dec 22, 2016, 4:24 PM

Hahahaha. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight little guy. Link me doing that one time, ever. I'll go ahead and make it easy for you and tell you that you will not find one.

Coot ??***

Dec 22, 2016, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun shouldn't have said what he said about being the best qb ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 21, 2016, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun shouldn't have said what he said about being the best qb ]

Dude, go for yourself internet tough guy.

Dec 21, 2016, 7:35 PM

How cute! Butt hurt when I tell the truth. People on this site has done nothing but bash Watson all year. First he couldn't throw a deep ball. Then he threw too many interceptions, and now he can't speak to the media. I can be a internet thug all I want. Doesn't matter you are the one crying.

Pretty much an irrelevant comment save for maybe Louisville fans

Dec 21, 2016, 6:56 PM

CFP teams have a lot of good players and have more pressing issues

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

None of this will matter after the first play

Dec 21, 2016, 6:59 PM

It will all come down to composure and a young man that's prepared his entire life for this game. I can't remember when I've been more excited about a college football game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing you're not a psychologist.......

Dec 21, 2016, 7:06 PM

.....you'd probably not make much money. I don't think I have heard something so taken out of context then your comment. First off DW4 has said that since he has been at Clemson second he is the best QB in the nation. Plus if Ohio State thinks that is bulletin board material then the lil ole Buckeyes are in trouble. Not trying to jump all over you but some of the people on this site are way over the top in their thinking. I don't think the Buckeye players would throw their guy under the bus but you know that is what the Ohio State is thinking.......

Re: Good thing you're not a psychologist.......

Dec 21, 2016, 7:16 PM

What have you seen lately that makes you believe that ppl outside of a certain fanbase care about context? Sadly, that's not the world we live in.

Re: Good thing you're not a psychologist.......

Dec 21, 2016, 7:56 PM

Now I only coached high school football, however that is exactly what I want from my QB. And I wanted the rest of the team to follow his lead to believe that they were the best at their positions. He didn't insult the other team he was just stating what he felt. I don't blame him a bit and in my opinion he is right and Urban Meyer recruited him until the end.

Dec 21, 2016, 7:08 PM

Success stems from self-efficacy & Deshaun has plenty of it. He visualizes himself as the best and is seen by many as the best. His mother instilled that in him at a young age and I assure you that his "ice veins", his stoicism in the face of adversity, etc., is all a result of thinking that he can and will do whatever he puts his mind to. I'm a huge fan of thinking you are great, especially when done so gentlemanly & with humility. Hate to disagree with you but Deshaun has done enough on and off the field to tell anyone he's the best quarterback with a straight face and mean it 100%.

Dec 21, 2016, 7:09 PM

are there still "bulletin boards" ....... like with cork and push pins and all ? hey... it's 1982 calling, they want their bulletin board back.

Please!!!! To be the best you have to believe you are the best!!

Dec 21, 2016, 7:11 PM

Got no problem with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see this as bulletin board material since he........

Dec 21, 2016, 7:13 PM

wasn't saying anything about Ohio State. And he won't just say this but will do everything to back up his statement.

Re: I don't see this as bulletin board material since he........

Dec 21, 2016, 7:43 PM

I want the guy that thinks he is capable of completing any pass in any situation. Spot the ### ball and let's go.

Put the pressure on himself to take off his

Dec 21, 2016, 7:39 PM

his teammates ala Joe Namath. Also like Dabo did with the rant before VT ACCCG in 2011.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 7:43 PM

He also said he would never lose to the coots. He backed that up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 7:50 PM

I'm paraphasing, but even Rick Neuhiesal said on his radio show this week that the headline about Watson's answer was out of context from the question, in order to get views, and that there's nothing wrong with saying you're the best at this level of competition and success. He said he was impressed with Deshaun's demeanor and humility after interviewing him a couple of times recently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 9:21 PM

What do you want him to do---lie? He gets asked that question often, his coach says he is. If you watched UL/Ky tonite and saw Jackson sputtering some of his junk, you should be proud that DW believes he is (and a lot of people) the best and doesn't mind saying it. He knows he has to perform and he does.

Really? Not like he is saying something that isn't true!***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:36 PM

Bulletin board material?? I don't get it?

Dec 21, 2016, 9:39 PM

How is it insulting to OSU in any way?

Uh, Oklahoma ain't Clemson***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:53 PM

Just wait. They are more than words.

Dec 21, 2016, 10:05 PM

He will prove it.
Don't worry. You'll see.
The OSU defense hasn't seen anything like what they will see the 31st.
4 to 7
4 to 3
4 to 13
4 to 8
4 to 16
4 to 9

Dec 22, 2016, 7:54 PM

Really dude? This is quite a stretch. If OSU needs this as motivation then they're already in trouble. Winner of this game plays for a NATIONAL TITLE!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic