Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer coach Venables,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,144

Deer coach Venables,

Sep 24, 2012, 1:33 PM

Don't listen to the ftards sumbeechin and moanin' about your D. We know you're a good coach and we know Rome isn't rebuilt in one day, especially after it is tore down by men named Kevin Steele....

But I do have one suggestion. We have certain players on the sideline who are very athletic, hit somebody in the mouth type of players named Lateek Townsend, Tony Steward, Cortez Davis and others. We know that they are not getting much playing time due to not grasping the D scheme.

But it also apparent that the current players are utterly failing with your zone defense, particularly the LB's. Maybe they're not athletic enough or speedy enough to close on the ball carrier or just plain out of position; as an ignorant fan, I have no clue. But when a guy is open for days behind the LOS on the sideline and doesn't have a defender near him until he runs 15 to 20 yards down field, something is not working.

When TE's and WR's are open across the middle with no one near for a 10 yard radius, the zone is failing.

Please send our young athletic guys on the field, change to man coverage and give them a chance to hit someone and make a play. At least until we get some guys in who have the talent, speed and athletism to run your scheme.

Besides, what else do we have to lose?

Sincerely,
adumazzfan

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!******

Sep 24, 2012, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer coach Venables,

Sep 24, 2012, 1:38 PM

Reminds me of the Alabama saying - that it's okay to criticize someone - as long as you end the sentence with "bless your heart".

Example: "You sure do have some ugly-azz kids, bless your heart".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 1:42 PM

It's pretty apparent that we look ugly on D right now. Not saying it's BV's fault, just the way it is. At this point, we might as well give everyone experience to some degree. Maybe it'll pay off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 1:42 PM

I agree with most, but if we go to a man to man every QB will run for 200 yards on us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 1:44 PM

Not necessarily true. You let Lateek spy a QB and I don't see them even wanting to run it any more after he puts their face in the turf a couple times.....

Besides, we have better chance at stopping a running QB than we do stopping the train that hit us satdy night....

Sep 24, 2012, 1:50 PM

dangit i wish i had read your post before posting mine.

Sep 24, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer coach Venables, ]

Simple. Put #20 on the field and tell him to kill the quarterback, Waterboy style.

Sep 24, 2012, 1:59 PM

Great minds think alike....

Deer Coach Venables,

Sep 24, 2012, 1:58 PM

Please just play Townsend!!!!! He is a headhunter and has a knack for getting to the ball! Thanks!

Deer CUAtTheFinishLine®

Sep 24, 2012, 2:01 PM

"We got who we got"

-signed- TheLastSeveralDefensiveCoordinators

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer CUAtTheFinishLine®

Sep 24, 2012, 2:03 PM

This just furthers my point lol

Sep 24, 2012, 2:18 PM

"Dear" Coach Venables....unless he was recently hired coaching bambi at the zoo.

You misspelled deer....stick around a little

Sep 24, 2012, 2:20 PM

we'll get you spelling correctly 'fore you know it.

Deer Coach Venables,

Sep 24, 2012, 2:24 PM

Exactly!!!!! I would love to see him and steward get a ton of snaps this wknd at BC and drill someone

^^Someone TU this guy to offset my accidental TD

Sep 24, 2012, 3:19 PM

Meant to TD the guy below...

I got your back***

Sep 24, 2012, 3:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got your back***

Sep 24, 2012, 3:43 PM

thanks

Sep 24, 2012, 3:08 PM

youre an idiot if youre happy with this defense. weve been waiting too long

Sep 24, 2012, 3:18 PM

Deer Cootson,

Who said they were happy with this defense?

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic