Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dean Smith was a great coach but I wonder how many wins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,074

Dean Smith was a great coach but I wonder how many wins

Feb 9, 2015, 2:15 PM

he would have had if during his career the shot clock was in affect. I remember many games NC won using 4 corners keeping control of the ball once they got a lead forcing teams to foul just to get control of the ball.

IMO I am not sure NC would have won as many games.

There are more knowledgeable BB fans out there and I would be interested in your thoughts and opinions about my comments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dean Smith was a great coach but I wonder how many wins

Feb 9, 2015, 2:19 PM

I'll bet he beat us more than any team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it drives me crazy with some of the last second losses

Feb 9, 2015, 2:27 PM

at Chapel Hill. I am not a superstitious person but sometimes I wonder if we are not cursed when we play at NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that Dean Smith was a great coach...............

Feb 9, 2015, 2:48 PM

there can be no doubt about that but I have watched him recruit and assemble so many great teams throughout the years and only 2 natl. championships. Don't get me wrong, it is difficult to win NC's and it is unbelievable that he went to so many Final Fours, but he had THE very best talent and I always felt that he should have done even more with so much. Much the same as I felt about Bobby Bowden. His teams and talent were sick! And I've taken off my orange glasses. Just trying to be honest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously? Dean Smith advocated for the shot clock

Feb 9, 2015, 2:50 PM

He knew that with a shot clock the team with the best players was going to win more often. And most of the time he had the team with the best players. He used the fact that there was no shot clock to his advantage, but he wanted the shot clock from the beginning because he knew that it would benefit his teams more than the opponents. So my guess is he would have won more.

Re: Dean Smith was a great coach but I wonder how many wins

Feb 9, 2015, 3:04 PM

was Dean Smith the founder of the African American Studies Dept. at UNC?

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,074
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic