Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Darwin Award contender
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Darwin Award contender

Aug 28, 2012, 7:29 AM

Man killed while trying to create Bigfoot sighting
Updated 3:48 a.m., Tuesday, August 28, 2012

KALISPELL, Mont. — A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake (http://bit.ly/PWJvA5) on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

"He probably would not have been very easy to see at all," Schneider told KECI-TV (http://bit.ly/PkdWMO ).

Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Man-killed-while-trying-to-create-Bigfoot-sighting-3819352.php#ixzz24q6gC9F5

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My vote is still for the Grizzly Man from San Diego...

Aug 28, 2012, 8:05 AM

Look at the cute grizzly. I'm going to get less than 50 yards of this killer and take photos. If I'm really lucky, he will maul me, kill me, and sit on me until the authorities come remove my carcass from underneath his big smelly a$$.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ben, you have such a way with words.***

Aug 28, 2012, 8:27 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Darwin Award contender

Aug 28, 2012, 8:47 AM

i blame the women drivers...especially that young...you know they can't drive worth a crap.

did he say "Goonie goo-goo"?***

Aug 28, 2012, 8:53 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic