»
Topic: story that's converting over some new Clemson fans
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 7, 2016 9:24 PM by: lightbulbbill®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

story that's converting over some new Clemson fans

[5]
Posted: Jan 7, 2016 7:26 PM

yeah, it's ESPN.....yeah it's written by Mark SEChlabaugh......

but check out the comments after the story.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14519758/dabo-swinney-overcame-pain-poverty-reach-new-heights-clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: story that's converting over some new Clemson fans

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2016 7:29 PM

Coach Swinney's story is absolutely incredible. If there's ever been a person who had a reason to throw his hands up and call it a day, it's Dabo Swinney. I'm not one to put coaches and players on a pedestal, but if I could strive to have an attitude like Dabo Swinney, then I feel there's nothing that could ever pull me down.

Re: story that's converting over some new Clemson fans

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 7:50 PM

Great stuff, but I disagree with "it popped into my head at that very moment"

Not calling him a liar --- I'm accusing him of being too modest. I believe that he knows how to get people's attention and he's able to make the most out of his interactions with EVERYONE. He planned that, and it worked, and he knew it would go viral, and it went viral.

And even if it's tongue in cheek, I don't think for a second that BYOG and similar campaigns DIDN'T play some role in us being featured on SI 3 times and the bells and whistles of being rated #1 in the country. Thing is, I'm mad at myself for never giving him enough credit up until last year. Because it's clear that this year is the cumulative result of his building the brand over the past few years.

In 2-3 seasons since the train got rolling, Dabo has been able to erase 15-20 years worth of stigma relating to toughness (both mental and physical) and playing up/down to opponents.

If he just admitted that he's a great rhetor & charismatic personality, or if he admitted that he's rewriting the sports marketing/branding/PR books as we speak, would it would it any less so?

He should take credit for it. But I guess him not doing so is why it's so easy to like him.

Dabo's story is incredibly inspirational.

[1]
Posted: Jan 7, 2016 7:53 PM

We are blessed to have him as our HBC.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Emailed this inspirational story to Penn St, OHst & USC friends!

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 9:24 PM

Gotta spread the good!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2619 people have read this post