Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's Rant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,432

Dabo's Rant

Oct 11, 2015, 12:55 PM

I liked Dabo's rant yesterday, but I do think it was an overreaction to the question. I don't think David Hale asked about 'Clemsoning' (or used it) in a disrespectful way. With that said, you better believe it will help this team (give them a chip) and increase Dabo's stock in the eyes of the players and recruits. You really couldn't have planned/staged it much better. Even if not on purpose, it was genius.

As far as ESPN bias against Clemson...I have been a CFB fan for 40 years and have watched ESPN/Gameday/etc since the beginning. I don't think there's any sort of overall negative bias against Clemson. If anything, they (and we) have been waiting/wanting for Clemson to finally emerge from mediocrity for years. Honestly, I can't think of a bigger fan we have at ESPN than Kirk Herbstreit and we get lots of love every time they come here for GD. Botton line...they are a media outlet and boring/uncontroversial just doesn't sell.

Frankly, we (Clemson fans) have had a chip on our shoulders for years and bristle at ANY negative press Clemson gets..even when deserved. My advice is to take the tin-foil hats off for a little while and grow a bit thicker skin...cause you better believe if we screw up along the way, we will get abused by the media...especially now. But if you want to be a big-time program, you have to be ready for every mistake to be magnified.

The program is finally starting to reestablish itself among the elite, and the journey has been a long one and very painful at times. Just sit back and enjoy the ride...I know I will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think most folks would have a problem w/ ESPN...

Oct 11, 2015, 1:24 PM

...but the double standard and hypocrisy displayed. You may have chosen to completely ignore the SEC bias. Why is it that USC (real), Texas, Georgia, ND, etc. etc. etc. haven't been held to the same standard?

FACT: Clemson has the longest winning streak against unranked opponents SECOND ONLY TO ALABAMA. Let that sink in. 99.5% of the teams are stuck in "mediocrity" if that's the standard you want to apply to everyone.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think most folks would have a problem w/ ESPN...

Oct 11, 2015, 2:20 PM

I don't think we are mediocre any longer...but the same could not be said about the 2000's when we would #### the bed on a regular basis...and I believe this is about the time the phrase was coined. As far as double standard and hypocrisy...ESPN follows the money...they are no different than any other media outlet and I take it with a grain of salt.

Re: Dabo's Rant

Oct 11, 2015, 1:31 PM

The other big time programs get a free pass when they choke, fold like a lawn chair, underachieve and anything else that they hold Clemson and Clemson only to account for. Since you keep watching that garbage esucsecpn, please tell the other teams that take this sort of insult. Usuc, ole siss, ugay, oregon, michigan, michigan state. None of these teams have won a NC recently and they have lost games every year.

No it wasn't over the top, the question was over the top***

Oct 11, 2015, 2:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No it wasn't over the top, the question was over the top***

Oct 11, 2015, 2:53 PM

I don't blame Dabo one bit for losing his cool. To be honest, I thought it was funny as hell!

Like he said...

Oct 11, 2015, 2:56 PM

"Clemsoning" shoulda been retired long ago. It's a relic from the Bowden era. It's really had nothing to do with the teams we've fielded the last couple of years.

It was a great reaction to a stupid quesion.

Oct 11, 2015, 2:58 PM

I'm sure that Dabo has been stewing about the "C...ing" for a while. It appeared that he had given this a lot of thought. If had had been watching some of the morning ESPN stuff before coming in to the stadium, he heard the term more than once. When the reporter asked the question, it just came bubbling out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could tell it was coming at halftime...

Oct 11, 2015, 3:02 PM

When Dr. Jerry Punch hinted at it, you could see his whole demeanor change.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic