Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DId you think we would be here 5 years ago be truthful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

DId you think we would be here 5 years ago be truthful

Dec 4, 2016, 12:08 AM

I didn't

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did

Dec 4, 2016, 12:22 AM

I'll even ratchet it up further and say that I had a good feeling about Dabo from the first full season.

Without getting too long winded here's why:

The first couple of years, he made tons, yes TONS, of mistakes. What I liked about that was no matter how boneheaded the mistake appeared to be, he pretty much never made the same mistake twice. I said back then that if he was that good at recognizing his blunders and diligently correcting them, his teams were going to be a very tough out in a few years.

In 2010, when the wisdom of Tigernet was at its snarkiest and the notable illiterati were all set to move on to a real coach in 2011, I asked this question on this board -

Five years from now - Would you rather have Dabo Swinney coaching your team or would you rather be playing an opponent coached by Dabo Swinney?

I got very few replies. Most of the ones who did were reply either told me I was an idiot or questioned my parentage - but no one was willing to answer the question.

As for me, I sure am glad we don't have to face an opponent coached by Dabo Swinney. We'd probably lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DId you think we would be here 5 years ago be truthful

Dec 4, 2016, 12:23 AM

Nope I didn't either. I thought we'd be better than before but not where we are

Dec 4, 2016, 12:28 AM

I knew after LSU

Dec 4, 2016, 12:32 AM

Yes. My sister's coot husband was blowing his horn after the 2010 season and told me they'd win an sec & a national championship before Clemson ever won the ACC. I told him then that if Dabo stayed around that Clemson would win the ACC twice before the coots even went back to ghe sec championship and then proceeded to tell him "I'll do you one better than that" then told him when the playoff system came to fruition Clemson would be in it at least twice in the first 10 years of its existence. He hates being reminded of that conversation now

At the rate we're going right now

Dec 4, 2016, 12:46 AM

we'll make 6 or 7 of the first 10 playoffs.

The way we're recruiting right now I see us fighting for the top four every season for years to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No I thought we'd be in Charlotte***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No I thought we'd be in Charlotte***

Dec 4, 2016, 12:54 AM

Stupid bathroom laws

Dec 4, 2016, 12:56 AM

After Deshaun commited. Dabo said he was the best high school player he'd ever seen and I can't think of a time Dabo's lied to us

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 1:01 AM

Legend

BlueCaddy says "hello"......***

Dec 4, 2016, 1:09 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic