Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DISRESPECT . . . ???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,035

DISRESPECT . . . ???

Dec 6, 2015, 2:26 PM

I don't typically get my panties in a wad over "disrespect." The vast majority of players and fans overplay that card - to much and too often- they see anything less than unqualified accolades as disrespect -- it's contrived and it gets tiring.

That said, if Southern Cal, Ohio State, Alabama, FSU, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, etc. had our resume, they would be an unqualified, undisputed #1. And yet here we are UNDERDOGS to an OU team who is ranked three spots below us who lost to 5-7 Texas. We beat three teams who are better than anyone on OU's schedule. It's just absurd. This is not the committee's fault of course - but still - the amount of verbiage spilled on OU's late season surge seems to be a result of buying into the Big12's slight of hand in backloading the schedule, and is also related to the unjustifiable bias in favor of who's playing good "right now."

OU's a very fine looking team, and Clemson has more than a few pretty serious problems that need addressing, but even still, it's quite a reach to be straining and bending over backwards to look past Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw the b@stards! Man the torpedoes...Full speed ahead!***

Dec 6, 2015, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Dec 8, 2015, 7:25 AM

Good morning Hartins. Hope you're doing well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's Vegas looking at our defense the last few games.

Dec 6, 2015, 2:31 PM

No disrespect, just a little shaky. All of that can be corrected with rest and focus. Bring on OU!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

We're undisputed #1

Dec 6, 2015, 2:41 PM

I wouldn't call that disrespect. If we're a betting underdog, sounds like opportunity!

Like I said . . . no disrespect from the committee . . .

Dec 8, 2015, 1:41 AM

it's other outlets I'm talking about.

I like the disrespect.

Dec 8, 2015, 2:09 AM

It's when our team plays their best. After the season we had, we still need to earn respect, and I have a feeling we will earn it in resounding fashion.

We ask no quarter. We give no quarter.

Dec 8, 2015, 7:21 AM

'nuff said.

I love being the dog.

Dec 8, 2015, 7:26 AM

I hated being the favorite in so many games this season. Dabo had to generate disrespect, actually, it was his biggest challenge between most games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DISRESPECT . . . ???

Dec 8, 2015, 7:31 AM

I go back and forth with this stuff. Some I see as healthy criticism that we can use as fuel, while other times there is no doubt in my mind there is an agenda! I couldnt believe how many times during the broadcast of our game the announcers even mention Bama jumping us for the number 1 spot! That pi$$es me off. They have played a MUCH weaker schedule AND they lost... GTFO with that garbage!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better for us

Dec 8, 2015, 7:38 AM

When we beat them and go all the way, they won't be able to say we played mediocre teams. I fully expect to win this one and be an underdog yet again in the final.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Kwit yerbitchin

Dec 8, 2015, 8:29 AM

We are the #1 overall seed. We have been #1 in every playoff ranking. There will always be naysayers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DISRESPECT . . . ???

Dec 8, 2015, 8:45 AM

We've been dealing with this crap all season! Why should anything change now? We have to prove it on the field to shut them all up! We are TIGERS and we will play like TIGERS!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic