»
Topic: D was horrible tonight but,
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 23, 2012 12:37 AM by: TigerAlum1990
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

D was horrible tonight but,

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 12:19 AM

Special teams lost us the game.

D was better than giving up 70 pts but

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 12:22 AM

I'm not much for moral victories. I want a big ugly punishing defensive front and fast, quick, smart DBs like we used to have way back when. I also want a conditioned D that doesn't run out of gas in the 4th and lastly I want one that form tackles rather than arm tackles and tries to strip the ball. I do agree that special team coverage didn't help. The silver lining to this cloud is that I believe that we are recruiting well for our D. It will take a while to get everything to come together.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: D was horrible tonight but,

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 12:22 AM

u serious? we gave up almsot 700 yrd on d.

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 12:23 AM

How is that, please explain.

I can't put that on special teams

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 12:37 AM

Our LB's and safeties were lost and we couldn't have tackled Jimbo's little boy. It didn't matter what we were defending, it was like we weren't there. 2nd half-offensive plays took too long to develop and we passed up the short stuff---a lot. That just put our out manned D back on the field. Our guys took a punch to the head with that kickoff return -helped by poor tackling, and never got back mentally. However, as much as we can see things we wish were better and need to improve, FSU has a kick ### team this year. We may do better than anyone else against them

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 12:37 AM

Agree completely.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2020 Season tickets - Section T, JJ, Seats 5 & 7. TWO LOWER LEVEL SEATS TOGETHER. $1950.00 FOR PA...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
673 people have read this post