Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cuse punter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,850

Cuse punter

Sep 30, 2018, 12:00 PM

Wow could that guy crush a foootball! Reminded me of Dale Hatcher back in the day. He could’ve been their MVP.

I can’t understand why we kept putting Rogers back to field those moonshots though. He was clearly shaky handling them, and there was very little chance of a return. Thankfully we have 13 to do that job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuse punter

Sep 30, 2018, 12:32 PM

Had a career day as usual playing Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 1:45 PM

Actually Hofrichter had a normal day, his punts are incredibly high normally and rarely get returned. He gets great distance also.

Going into the game yesterday his NCAA Net Yards rank was:

Rank Player Team G Punt Yds Opp Punt Ret Yds Punts TB Net Yds
7 Hofrichter Syracuse 4 718 1 16 1 43.56

He replaced Riley Dixon who was really good and is punting in the NFL and I think Hofrichter is better and will punt on Sundays.

Hofrichter was pre-season 1st team All-ACC, kind of sad when your All-ACC player is your punter, but has been a great weapon with his hang time and distance in limiting any returns and turning field position.

Sep 30, 2018, 2:04 PM

Yeah, with all due respect, you don't completely get it.

What we Clemson fans mean by that is almost EVERY punter Clemson face seemingly turns into Ray Guy on gameday.

Maybe Clemson has just had the luxury of running into All-American punters, but you would be surprised how often Clemson is being pinned inside the 20.

I ain't taking away from the dude since he seems to be good outside of yesterdays game, but by golly have we Clemson fans seen strange stuff when we watch the Tigers play LOL

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 12:33 PM

I think the hang time he was getting had a lot to do with Rodgers catching the ball. Those were a mile in the air.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:56 PM

His punts brought rain when they came down.

He got hurt towards the end of the game and went to the locker room. Any word on him? Hope he's okay.

Sep 30, 2018, 2:15 PM

I think it was actually the long snapper who got hurt. Hopefully that doesn't turn into an issue.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,850
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic