Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scenario: Syracuse finishes 11-1, Clemson 13-0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,925

Scenario: Syracuse finishes 11-1, Clemson 13-0

Oct 1, 2018, 12:29 AM

Syracuse wins out, beating Notre Dame. Domers out of CFP with loss in mid Nov. The Orange would be ranked top 10.

Clemson wins ACCCG going undefeated. Ranked top 3 or higher, and the Cuse win is looking much better.

ACC with two playoff contenders?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scenario: Syracuse finishes 11-1, Clemson 13-0

Oct 1, 2018, 12:32 AM

To the last question, no.
eSECpn wouldn’t want it and would be on a 24/7 opinion blitz to prevent it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 1, 2018, 12:33 AM

They'll win 9 games . I don't anticipate a rematch as I think Miami will win it again ... but then again you never know .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You sir, are nothing, if not persistent. Touche'***

Oct 1, 2018, 12:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it that we'll have two ACC teams in the playoffs.

Oct 1, 2018, 1:18 AM

Even if they want it, I wouldn't support it either.

I am a firm believer in the idea of putting four champions from the best four conferences in the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt it that we'll have two ACC teams in the playoffs.

Oct 1, 2018, 7:21 AM

That’s not gonna happen either.... they’ve already punched a ticket for Bama and jawja..... we get to play whoever has the extra week to prepare

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Cuse looked pretty good early in the game.

Oct 1, 2018, 1:58 AM

They had sparks here and there but basically we spotted them 30 to 40 yards on plays that should have put the game away for them. Frankly, when Dabo rolled out the plays which targeted Cuse's weaknesses they were helpless. We absolutely overwhelmed them. Imo, we could have been pounding on their linemen with a constant running attack early in the game and concluded the game in the third quarter had we not been playing patty cake with them.

Another factor that stood out to me in the last drive was Cuse's lack of depth on defense. They put 8 and 9 guys in the box and couldn't tackle anyone at the LOS. Eight yards here, 12 there, on an on we went down the field. By the time we got close to the goal line we'd hit them so hard so often in the middle they were exhausted and didn't have the presence of mind to have a linebacker try to contain the edge.

We've watched Dabo manufacture adversity and drama to harden our team with backups in the game and the game on the line for several years now. Nothing pleases our coaches like doing their jobs and getting film on the guys to keep them focused on any and every possible weaknesses. In order to do that they have to keep a list of where the kids fail assignment in practice to see what they can and can't do.

They work the entire bench during what players and fans think are critical times. When the players succeed they rejoice on the sidelines. Even that ole sour puss Venables had a party or two during that game. BTW, Venables is about as good a DC as I've ever seen and he's priceless, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 6:04 AM

Way to early for scenarios of any kind. Besides any scenario is a moot point at this time of the season.
Clemson can only prepare for their next game. And that is Wake.
They can't, and don't worry about how the season plays out for Notre Dame or Syracuse,
or for that matter UGA and Bama.
They have no control over how the CFP Committee ranks each team.
And no offense to your way of thinking things,the ACC will"NOT"get two teams.

Oct 1, 2018, 8:42 AM

Dude we can surmise all we like. Now or later. Has nothing to do with the team or coaches. Don’t tell us we shouldn’t be talking about possibilities. That is the fun that’s in it for fans. Also unless you are Sister Rose the fortune teller you have no clue what may or may not happen.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic