Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crap the bed moment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Crap the bed moment

Oct 21, 2013, 4:36 PM

Every good team has a crap the bed moment each year. You just hope it comes against competition that can't capitalize on it. For Bama last year it was A&M. Down 20 in the first quarter after two three-and-outs and a pick, Bama never lead in the game. But they were better than A&M so they were able to keep it close. For USCJr last year it was Florida. The only reason the Coots kept it to a mere 33-point loss is because Florida had/has no offense at all. Coots had as good a defense and a vastly superior offense and lost by 33. For Georgia last year it was the USCJr game. Kids, we had a crap the bed moment Saturday, except we did it against a superior opponent, unlike Georgia, Bama and USC last year. All three of those teams were better than the team that beat them. I get that it's the viciousness of the thumping that hurts most. But that's what happens when you have your moment at the worst possible time. We will survive.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I refer to it as wetting our pants, but the sentiment is the

Oct 21, 2013, 4:40 PM

same.

I don't understand how we could have such a lack of confidence, though. This team has won those types of games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't a lack of confidence....

Oct 21, 2013, 4:44 PM

it was a lack of execution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't think it was a lack of confidence

Oct 21, 2013, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I refer to it as wetting our pants, but the sentiment is the ]

I think we spotted a better team 17 points. I think they win that game 6 times out of ten, 10 out of 10 with a 17 point head start. When you get a lead like that, you can play loose and take some chances.

Re: I don't think it was a lack of confidence

Oct 21, 2013, 4:52 PM

And we had chances there in the second quarter to make it a game. Three times we are in great field position and get no points. If we make it 17-14 or 17-10 maybe it's a different game. Keep the crowd in it. We'll never know. I also know that "if" my aunt had ##### she'd be my uncle.

I still believed at halftime we could make it a game. We just didn't and they are really good.

It's just one that got away and we need to forget it and press on.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crap the bed moment

Oct 21, 2013, 4:43 PM

If Saturday was "the moment", we started leaking against BC two weeks ago. I don't think we were looking ahead to FSU as much as we were losing our rhythm on O & have yet to get it back. Hopefully we will come out firing against UMD & get it back.

No question about it

Oct 21, 2013, 4:49 PM

We'll hopefully get our mojo back and be ready to break off USC's thumb.

Re: Crap the bed moment

Oct 21, 2013, 4:47 PM

Totally agree. We're gonna be fine and we are a very good team. The level of competition goes way down from here on out and if we play to our capabilities there's no question we can run the table.

If someone had said 12 - 1 at the beginning of the year I would have taken it in a heartbeat. We are a much better program now than anytime since the Ford years.

We have a really good team and Maryland is getting ready to find out. I believe we bounce back big time next Saturday and get it rolloing again. I'll be shocked if we don't. We have the potential and now we just have to execute and make it happen. I believe we will.

disagree...

Oct 21, 2013, 4:53 PM

we got humiliated and abused Saturday night. That was not just a loss. A loss would have been by 10 pts or so. 40 freaking points?!?!?!

Trying to say this is just a minor bump in the road is kin to shoving your head in the sand the same way a lot of people did with TB was here.

We are NOT a mentally or physically tough team and have been that was for a long time.

That whole "toughness is lacking"

Oct 21, 2013, 4:56 PM

argument fell apart with the LSU and Ga games.

Re: That whole "toughness is lacking"

Oct 21, 2013, 5:10 PM

I hate the fact the loss was so lopsided. I get the fact that the way we lost hurts the most. But I still think we are very good - in the top 10 to 15 teams in the country. And I still believe we are way better than any other time since the Ford era.

Also, why can't folks just admit that FSU is REALLY good. They may be the best team in the country. Sometimes you get beat by a better team. Not may undefeated teams each year in football - one or two at the most each year. Everybody loses. Also, everyone gets blown out from time to time. It's football. Look at how many teams we've blown out in the history of our program.

Let's not forget 63-17!! Sometimes it happens to you. I'm not satified with it and I don't like it but I know that it will happen sometimes. It's not losing, it's how you respond. I think we'll respond well.....

it's called "Dabo ning"***

Oct 21, 2013, 6:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic