Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could this be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,938

Could this be

Jun 4, 2018, 7:56 AM

The “orange bowl West Virginia” moment for baseball that propels them forward? We have 90% of the pieces in place, great head coach, solid tradition, commitment to the program ......

Just need to figure out something different in the Regionals to get back to the promised land.

I’m optimistic we will.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitching is the key...gotta start finding some solid/elite

Jun 4, 2018, 8:37 AM

pitchers. Won't get very far any year without it... I mean we had a lineup with K Greene, Jeff Baker, Micheal Johnson with decent pitchers and couldn't win it all. Need two guys at least who can go out and on most nights be dominant. We play alot of teams that have them yet we don't seem to ever have one who we know will win the game. Got alot of guys who pitch well at times. Vanderbilt had one after another. You telling me out of the 6 they have we can't recruit and get 2?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitching is the key...gotta start finding some solid/elite

Jun 4, 2018, 8:39 AM

The biggest problem is the guys who are dominant in college are diamonds in the rough. If a pitcher is that dominant coming out of high school they almost always go to the Majors. The David Price's, Gerrit Cole's, Stephen Strasburg's, and even that guy from Auburn right now Casey Mize are once a decade kind of college players. Those type of pitchers usually don't come to college. We've recruited well, we've just lost a lot to the Majors

Re: Pitching is the key...gotta start finding some solid/elite

Jun 4, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Pitching is the key...gotta start finding some solid/elite ]

El Tigre 1 said:

pitchers. Won't get very far any year without it... I mean we had a lineup with K Greene, Jeff Baker, Micheal Johnson with decent pitchers and couldn't win it all. Need two guys at least who can go out and on most nights be dominant. We play alot of teams that have them yet we don't seem to ever have one who we know will win the game. Got alot of guys who pitch well at times. Vanderbilt had one after another. You telling me out of the 6 they have we can't recruit and get 2?

Vanderbilt gives full scholarships to their pitchers every year. They are able to assist those kids with full rides every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We LOSE most of our position players.

Jun 4, 2018, 10:27 AM

Next year may be a rough year.

Re: We LOSE most of our position players.

Jun 4, 2018, 10:49 AM

ISNT THAT WHAT EVERYONE SAID LAST YEAR AFTER WE LOST OUR TOP 4 PITCHERS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,938
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic