Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could be a good battle for the driver's seat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,670

Could be a good battle for the driver's seat

Jan 21, 2013, 7:27 AM

If he picks Clemson,Woulard won't take a back seat
by phil Kornblut

If he picks Clemson, Woulard won't take a back seat By Phil Kornblut QB Asiantii Woulard of Orange Park, FL, who perhaps surprised some analysts by winning the Elite 11 competition last summer, would surprise some people again if he decides to play his college football again his father said Sunday night. "Some people think if he goes there he'll be good but they'll switch him to wide receiver," Mike Woulard said. "I'm telling you, if there's a level playing field, it's going to be a problem for somebody. It (moving to WR) ain't going to happen. I tell you, DeShaun Watson (Clemson 2014 QB commitment), he's not going to come. If Asiantii chooses to go to Clemson and they start raving about him, he's going to way, 'What's the point.' I'm confident of that. A lot of people don't know it yet, but you'll see. I don't know any kid who would come in there with (Chad) Kelly and a kid like Asiantii and the other guy (Cole Stoudt). If he's that good, he'd probably say, 'What's the point.'" Of course, Woulard has not made his decision yet, and UCLA coaches are coming in Monday on the red eye to meet with him. But the Clemson visit did strengthen the Tigers with him. "He said it was a really, really, really great experience," his father said. "He enjoyed meeting Sammy (Watkins) and Cole. He and (WR recruit) James Clark hung out together. He wants to make his decision sooner than later. He will announce it on ESPN on Signing Day." Right now it's Clemson, UCLA and Kentucky under consideration. "I can't say if Clemson is out front," Mr. Woulard said. "I don't want to put any words in his mouth. He loves the people there. He said Death Valley was like no other place he's ever seen." Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is scheduled to be in on Thursday for a meeting with the Woulards. They have not decided if Asiantii will make a visit to UCLA this weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really a fan of the dad of one recruit

Jan 21, 2013, 8:45 AM

trying to dissuade another high caliber recruit from coming to compete.

Re: not really a fan of the dad of one recruit

Jan 21, 2013, 8:53 AM

I didn't see that he is trying to dissuade anybody from coming if that situation arises. Seems like he just feels that the mentioned QB will see the level of competition and go somewhere else. Just his opinion and he may be wrong. What he said might happen anyway if Kelly shows brilliance in a backup role next year- the player might want to go somewhere he can start for 3 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's just throwing down the gauntlet. if watson is confident

Jan 21, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to not really a fan of the dad of one recruit ]

of his abilities, it won't matter. if he doesn't want to compete, so be it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: Re: not really a fan of the dad of one recruit

Jan 21, 2013, 9:02 AM

It's his son so I kinda get it just hope the kid goes where he wants.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,670
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic