Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could Erwin be relegated to bullpen soon?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 674

Could Erwin be relegated to bullpen soon?

Mar 7, 2015, 3:50 PM

Not to bash the guy but if the game finishes out the way it started, he'll definitely be credited w/ a 'L', dropping his record to 1-2 four weeks into the season and that 1.80 ERA just took a big hit. Feel he could be moved back to bullpen/midweek starter role by midway in season if this keeps up. Anyone else's thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keeps what up? He has 4 starts and this is his first bad one

Mar 7, 2015, 3:52 PM

that hardly makes a trend...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a bad start against the coots, but settled down.

Mar 7, 2015, 4:23 PM

His first couple of innings against the coots and this game were bad. He did have two good starts against West Va. and Maine, but that's West Va. and Maine. Schmidt on the other hand is a different story. 4.91 ERA prior to today.

Re: Could Erwin be relegated to bullpen soon?

Mar 7, 2015, 3:53 PM

we need to split him and crownover up. they are similar pitchers. therefore throwing them back to back allows the opposing team to set their time against crownover and then tee off the next day on erwin. I am shocked that Leggett went with them 1-2 like he did, but I guess you have to throw your best 2 pitchers 1 and 2. Maybe next weekend it will be Crownover, Koerner and then Erwin.

Re: Could Erwin be relegated to bullpen soon?

Mar 7, 2015, 4:18 PM

Granted this isn't all on him. Since the WVU series he hasn't gotten the help offensively that Crownover and Koerner have gotten. But also take into account that in the NC against Maine and the loss to SC, all runs scored by the opposition came w/ him @ the mound (although the Maine contest speaks more to the comedy of errors that game as opposed to him). Just right now he's coming across as the weak link in the weekend rotation. Know things could change in heartbeat & either through motivation or shuffling of the rotation, he ends up getting better numbers and wins as the season rolls on. Just saying that right now, he looks like a guy that could be losing his spot by the time the regular season's said & done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no chance.***

Mar 7, 2015, 4:52 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 674
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic